on 12 May 2012
I do a fair amount of airbrush work on 1/32 scale slot cars but I use a rattle can for the primer and the lacquer. I got fed up of an aching and painted finger so I brough this on the off chance it might work.

Well its brilliant, its simple to load the can, impossibly easy to use and is just fantastic, I'm gong to buy a couple so I don't have to swap the rattle cans because at £4.00 its just the best £4 I've spent in a long time.

5 stars
on 29 May 2010
Really good item, especially if you have arthritis like me and find holding the nozzle down on spray cans very painful. I was able to use a full can without any pain and also was able to get a much more even finish as I could move it around more easily. Great buy and will be of use for many years to come.
on 24 November 2012
You really need this even if you think you don't.
Once you have tried it you will NEVER go back to trying to use your hand the old way with one finger squeezing one way and the others trying to hold the can, not letting it slip or twist, not letting go of the spray head etc etc.
After using it once it was so easy, somuchmore effective and so even, you will wonder why the cans don't come fitted with it as standard.

GET ONE IMMEDIATELY,
on 11 June 2014
Perfect for the DIYer. Allows far greater control. Clips on easily. Apply the force gradually when pushing it on to the can. Likewise with removing it. You can rotate the gun on the can if you haven't quite lined up the opening in the gun with the aerosol nozzle, and there is a little mark on the opening to allow you to line up the can nozzle more easily.

The trigger is sensitive without being too sensitive. Allows for a smoother spraying action than with just the can.

A couple of practices and you'll soon be adjusted to the weight of the trigger and amount of pressure to apply.

Still shake the can by holding the body of the can, and not by holding the gun. Obvious I know, but it's still worth mentioning.
on 12 September 2015
I really wish I'd have gotten one of these sooner!!

I work a lot with cans of spray paint and clear coat and was pretty sick of sore fingers and having paint covered hands, so this seemed like a good idea!
The gun attaches to the top of the can around the neck, I don't use plasti-kote paints myself, I prefer Fosco military grade and I have to say the gun fits the Fosco cans pretty well, bit tight but rather too tight than falling off!
The gun itself is a simple spring loaded arm, so there is no need to dismantle the can's top or add attachments. You pull the trigger and the arm sprays the can for you! It's really that simple!! :)
review image review image
on 15 November 2012
Wholeheartedly agree with previous reviews.
An excellent and very well made (USA) product. Recommended. No more finger in the spray stream causing blobbing!
Has transformed my novice spraying.
on 1 June 2013
It clips onto the top of the spray can with the normal push-button remaining in place on the stem, and it turns the aerosol into a 'professional' spray gun. You need to be careful that when you are shaking the can, rattling the ball prior to spraying, the spray nozzle is still pointing forwards, because I found the handle tended to rotate around the top of the can. It's a really good piece of kit and I recommend it to anyone who wants to do some good spray-painting.
on 5 July 2013
Purchased 2 of these for my sister and myself as we do a lot of spraying. I found it hard to get the trigger on the can but it was a snug fit when on. I am not sure if I would bother to use it for small items as shaking and spraying as you have to do is harder with the trigger on, but it does save getting cramp from gripping. Would say it is good but only for large stuff.
on 8 January 2014
This is fantastic. used it with the Plasti-kote frosting spray to make Christmas Presents and as I have RA and my hands get very sore - this made it all possible. easy on and off too!
on 28 February 2017
Not as described. The can holder does not have the big red trigger, its just a billy basic holder with a smaller single finger trigger (see pic) which you can get at a cheaper price on Amazon. Got a 40% refund from Amazon as I said I will still use it for painting.
review image