Customer reviews

Nebraska
Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 16 September 2016
If you never got the hype around Springsteen then listen to this album it is Just Bruce some is the original take (as legend says on a Teac 4 track tape recorder). True or not I love this album it is the best story songs he has written, I know at least 2 songs are the basis of films, I think they all tell a good enough story to make a film.
It explores everything good and bad, love hate doing well and losing it all. It questions how people believe in this world.
Not the best Rock album by Springsteen, but I think one of his very best albums, you cannot remove a song without losing something essential.
on 24 August 2014
As a fan of Springsteen since Born to Run I must admit I struggled with this album for a long time. Stripped of the majestic musical palettes the E Street band create, I could never quite grasp what the fuss was about. But that was my fault. One night I sat and studied the lyrics without the album even playing and then it all made sense. The songs on this album are so deep and intense it's music for the soul more than the ears. Music of this much power shouldn't be 'reviewed' by mere mortals like me, just listened to in awe.
on 23 March 2016
The story behind this album is well known, but I wanted to experience it myself. From the first listen I could sense the passion, and the rawness of the recording led me to agree that Bruce Springsteen had captured magic. This album is all about the honesty of the song, not the gloss of the production.
on 22 May 2018
I think vinyl is better than CD *when it is new*, but this CD remains strong and clear long after my vinyl LP got scratched and crackly. As for the content: Bruce play acoustic, and that is great.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 18 April 2015
What can be achieved with minimal studio processing gives a powerful "off the cuff" sound - very effective.
If you think that Springsteen is defined by" Born in the USA" then listen to this and also "Darkness at the Edge of town"
If you just want a an overall compilation get the double CD " essential Bruce Springsteen
on 15 March 2016
One of my favourite albums but I could be biased as I am a huge Springfield fan... A 'must' for everyone's Bruce collection.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 23 September 2013
I actually gave up and left a Springsteen concert half way through, in Cardiff recently - Because of the excess of "Production - same type" stuff - ok for the hard core - headband wearing - inflatable air guitar carrying fans.

But the only thing that would get me back to a Springsteen concert - would be Nebraska "type" stuff, at a smaller more intimate venue. - Sorry Mr. Boss !!.
on 15 August 2015
I had always previously thought that Bruce Springsteen was all Born In The USA, big stadium rock. Nothing I was hugely interested in.
Then I saw a TV documentary which, in part, was about this album's history.
What an eye opener! This has made me see Bruce in an entirely different light. I can't stop listening to it!
on 9 May 2018
Good deal.
on 3 January 2018
More magic from Springsteen.