Customer reviews

No Roots
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 26 August 2017
Always a big fan of the anthems, I bought outrospective, Reverence and Saturday night/Sunday morning. Desperate for more I bought this, To All New Arrivals and The Dance. The Dance came first and I immediately loved it, especially Sun to Me. Then I bought the last 2 and I actually think they are my all time favourites. Both albums flow really well from start to finish, with up beat dance tunes alongside lovely soulful melodies. These, in my opinion are their best albums so far. I want more!!
on 28 February 2016
CD worked fine and a good album.
on 8 February 2015
good album
on 23 September 2015
Grooving on
on 24 March 2015
Classic Faithless and brilliant.
on 7 May 2015
No probs
on 20 August 2014
Very good
on 9 June 2004
Faithless is well-known for their mixture of modern rythms (I haven't quite found out whether it is house or dance) that they produce so slick that it really cannot be done much better. Sister Bliss' musicallity is fantastic and creates tapestries and walls of music where the voice and words from Maxi Jazz are arranged like pearls, glittering and demanding.
What brings out the joy in me is "Massdestruction" where the video on the CD is splendid and the music good ol'e Faithless. That number is outstanding and although it is close to "Insomnia" in its trance recitation that is Maxi Jazz at his best.
Sadly the rest of the CD is hit by a CONCEPT: The group has chosen to play all the numbers in the same key (C) and although this does make it easier for DJ's to inmix other tracks it brings the music to a bit of a stillstand. Too ambient, you could say. The worst is though that Maxi Jazz is stepping to the background in many tracks and is letting the soft-voiced LSK do the job. No, I don't like that - give me back the REAL Jazz and his insisting voice.
But I must still surrender: I like Faithless so much that I will recommend this album to you - but remember, it is more conceptual that the previous.
on 6 November 2004
It's never considered cool or likely to increase your chances of being seen as a veteran fan if you say the newest album is their best ever, but this is. It's a subtle yet blatent, soreen yet full-sounding exploration of, well, just about everything. Everything that Faithless so famously stare into, that is. Be it politics, inequality, midnless dancing, love, and the rest.
Faithless have always written intricate and measured music, often of some genius, and I don't think it's fair to say their previous output was more about mindless dance anthems. The likes of Sunday 8pm are littered with moving, artistic pieces of music. This album continues this trend implicitely, and works both on technically musical and emotive levels.
There is scarcely a lacklustre track on the album. I Want More offers that holy grail of meaningful sub-tones yet gung-ho anthemic club melodies, as does Everything Will Be Alright Tomorrow and What About Love which, as someone stated, really is this album's dance anthem.
In a nut-shell? Careful, deliberate music which is both artistic and endlessly anthemic.
on 2 September 2004
I have to admit I was a bit disappointed in Faithless' new album "No Roots". I have been a big fan of the dance act since I first heard "Insomnia" in the nightclubs in my early twenties. However the more I listened to the cd, the more the music has grown on me. I was a bit surprised that the group's first single isn't their traditional epic dance song like "Insomnia" or "God is a DJ" but the more laid back sound of "Mass Destruction", a satirical take on politics if you ask me. The entire album is a lot darker than the band's first three albums but yet still has Faithless' familiar sound. My favorite song on the cd is "What About Love?" which follows in the big, epic dance sound of "God is a DJ" and "Insomnia", the band's biggest hits (outside the US). The instrumental songs "I Want More" (parts I and II) reminds me of "The Garden" from "Sunday 8pm". The one song I didn't really care for was the remix of "Mass Destruction". It was not one of the band's better remixes. Although "No Roots" is no "Reverance" or "Sunday 8pm", the album is still a pretty good album. I immensely enjoyed "No Roots" and listening to Faithless's music in the past several years. I want to thank the band for giving me so much joy in their brief music career.