Customer reviews

Great
on 1 October 2017
Very pleased with item.
on 9 June 2014
Yet another Christy Moore Album that is thoroughly recommended. Downloaded it after hearing 'So do I' on Mike Harding's Folk Show Sunday Podcast.
One person found this helpful
on 27 May 2016
A fantastic album. Superb renditions of Jack Doyle, Victor Jara etc.
on 11 June 2016
excellent
on 23 March 2015
Very interesting collection
on 13 October 2014
10/10
on 7 July 2013
a cd not to miss in my collection as a big fan of Christty Moore the beautiful music always touches me.
on 22 November 2005
I bought this album on gut-feeling after hearing 'So Do I'. I was completely correct to do so: this is a gentle gem of an album without a filler in sight.
I have heard some earlier stuff from Christy Moore and it's a bit too folksy for my taste. But This Is The Day is sophisticated and soulful and gentle all at the same time.
My collection includes all genres of music, but I'm confident this album will be one of those life-long companions for me - it is that good.
10 people found this helpful
on 31 December 2006
A beautiful album though, like many of Christy's, let down by a couple of duff tracks. So Do I is simple and immensely evocative and How Long is, to me, one of the most moving songs of a long career. The cover of Victor Jara, delivered as only Christy can, and Companeros show his radical roots are fully intact.

Scaldcrows, though, is a rather nasty, bitter track which doesn't do him much credit. And, for me, the closing track a bit of a dirge, reminiscent of some of his weaker albums from the 90s.
4 people found this helpful