Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 26 September 2015
love the movie so had to buy the songs....this has every song in the order of the film......brilliant brilliant...
on 5 July 2017
Received today. Very good sound quality. Thank you.
on 8 August 2005
i have nearly every single soundtrack from every musical. out of all of them i think this soundtrack is the best one.
from sam west (mwest653)
p.s. this is also my faverate film.
on 14 November 2007
Most musical recordings seem choppy mostly because they are, and are rendered from the stage play, so of course they wouldn't make that much sense. MY FAIR LADY holds up well and you don't get this sense. The entire ablum is a gem and there's not a sour note in it.
on 18 April 2007
Being a Luddite, I have the original vinyl edition of this album. which sounds better than this CD, My LP has a warm fugginess about it that suggests snoozy, boozy Christmasses by the fire - The CD doesn't! I had to buy it though because I need to use some of the music (a wedding funnily enough!) and they only have a new fangled plain CD Player where it's all happening! Call me a cynic as well, but I know don't why they've put the additional tracks on here? They are pointless bits of editing that you don't need! Not if you're a true MFL fan anyway! It would have been more enjoyable if all they'd done is include the original Audrey Hepburn sung tracks as extras? Her voice wasn't that bad - as owners of the DVD will know.

I've reviewed the CD here - no point in talking about the music! - That speaks (or sings) it's own brilliance, and is one of my favourite, favourite films! Bringing a tear to my eye each time I watch! For me though - I'll stick to me vinyl copy in future!
on 28 March 2001
For as long as I can remember this has been the one musical soundtrack that has haunted me. I have always known at least a few phrases from each song - but now I can successfully complete each and every one. Much to my cat's amusement I can now waltz around the living room accompanied to 'I could have danced all night'. The musical arrangements are still fresh and Marnie Nixon's voice is outstanding.
Why has it taken me so long to buy this CD? I've no idea, but now in the words of Professor Higgins, "By George, she's got it!"
VINE VOICEon 25 April 2010
Many people can associate this sound track with the movie, "My Fair Lady" that was that is a film version of Bernard Shaw's play "Pygmalion". This is a classic musical with many well known songs by Lerner and Loewe.

However unlike many musicals the songs have a life of their own. Even though they matched the story perfectly, they are they type of songs that one could instantly blurt out in the thrill of the moment. I my self found that "On the Street Where you live" matched perfectly when I was in love in my youth.
on 3 December 2011
We love musicals and this is perfect for singing along to in the car with my musical theatre-mad daughter on long journeys
on 2 May 2013
...bringing back fond memories and musical images of a great picture. Unlike the old style records from musicals which just gave the set piece songs, this one includes most of the incidental music at scene changes and the orchestral set pieces such as the Embassy Ball. Includes all the Rex Harrison semi-spoken/sung style songs and a bit of talking.
No problems with the recording quality, all sounded clear and fresh.
on 12 December 2010
Brilliant actors who could sing in an iconic story. The list of stars in it is too long to repeat. Brings back many happy memories of my childhood. However it is worth more than that and any one interested in classic musicals at their best should really have this in their collection.