Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 10 June 2005
Have not heard Tori for a while, but then my partner bought me Tales of a Librarian for Christmas. I was so pleased - the album is fantastic, and I realised what I had been missing. When The Beekeeper emerged I had high expectations, and am not disappointed. There are a few songs I am not mad about, but on an album of 19 tracks perhaps that is inevitable? The highlights for me are Parasol, Power of Orange Knickers, Jamaica Inn, Sleeps with Butterflies, Cars and Guitars, and Martha's Foolish Ginger. Great stuff. Her voice is as rich as ever.
on 15 February 2005
her best yet i heard its a carry on from scarlets walk but it sounds all different and tori has done anouther greate album of beauty exsperimental haunting story telling , buy this NOW !!
on 1 April 2005
I never thought i would say it but... I think that I am losing interest in Tori Amos. I was so excited about The Beekeper I was thinking perhaps we would be hearing more songs like "in the sprintime of his voodoo" and "way down" but intsead "IRELAND" is unleashed upon us, which is probably on of the worst songs i have ever heard bu tori.... by anyone...it sounds like something off my casio keyboard..... not to mention the wet behingd the ears "ribbons undone" followed by an attempt at beat-boxing on cars and guitars the verse of which sounds not to dissimilar to Cat Stevens' "father and son" but is saved by the chorus which is reminiscent of "nortern lad".
There are however some great songs, such as "origional sinsuality", "mary's of the sea" and "witness" this is more like it, but its not enough to carry the album. I think there is a lack of focus and the album just wanders between different styles. In general the album does not grab your attention like previous albums (mainly the first four) the drive and the passion seem to have gone. I think everyone understands the reasons and I guess it's just one of those things that once you've peaked theres no where else to go.
The only hope is that after offering something as over produced and almost cheesy at times as The Beekeeper that Tori will go back to her roots. Lets face it all Tori Amos fans want to see is her solo at the piano... it worked before i am sure it will work again... it what she is best at...I just hope that it's not to late.
On watching the dvd i just lost ineterest even more it is nice to see her speaking about her songs in that dreamy way she does but the photo shoots? who cares? it just seems as though sony are more interested in her image than her music.
Garlands, which appears on the dvd is lovely is accompanied with a story about it written in naff italic font and also features flowers opening and ruins the enjoyment of hearing just tori and the piano......but maybe Garlands should have replaced Ireland, ribbons undone and cars and guitars, thus making the album shorter and more pleaurable to the ear.
I look foward to her next album... loose the concepts Perhaps the band and forget this slick glossy production best suited to dido and sarah maclachlan.
on 14 March 2005
19 track albums are fast becoming the norm for Tori, who clearly believes in providing listeners with a lot for their money. However, there is too much filler here, and I feel the album improves immensely if I just programme my stereo to leave out nine of the songs. (Of course, opinion seems to differ radically from each review about which songs should have been left out - maybe the Pick 'n Mix approach is the best bet.) On the plus side, it's the sunniest album she's ever done, and this in itself is a joy. Sweet The Sting is sultry and stylish, Ireland is unbelievably catchy and carefree, and Original Sinsuality is a spooky trip to another dimension, featuring Tori doing what she does best - howling at the moon. Parasol and Sleeps With Butterflies are really uplifting. The Power of Orange Knickers would be great if it weren't for the title. Although a few more bitchin' piano solos would be nice (will she ever surpass Cornflake Girl?), I don't think I would say I was disappointed with this album. And if the DVD interview is anything to go by, there's still some fruitloopiness in the girl yet.
on 17 April 2015
Very good
on 8 March 2016
Super Cd
on 24 July 2014
ok
on 24 June 2005
For those of you who thought that to Venus and Back was all filler and no thriller and that Strange Little Girls was nothing better than a karaoke album, then this isn't an album for you. Tori, I fear, has finally let the money go to her head and lost the ability to give a damn about the music or the fans. The only stand out track on there is "The Power of Orange Knickers" in which she duets with Damien Rice, reminiscent of Trent Reznor doing backing vocals on "Past the Mission".
What is insult to injury is the unmitigated slush of Jamaican Inn, with lyrics like "the sexiest thing is trust". What is the need to subject fans of her work from the start to crap like this? i remember Tori at her rawest, most emotional and dynamic. I mean, I loved Scarlet's Walk - i thought it was Tori going back on the way up, but this is a joke gone badly wrong - as bad as when Jewel sold out to become a pop singer. I feel like I cannot connect to the singer anymore, and that like all of my heroes never knew when to quit before they became a disappointment.
The sad thing is that there are so many Tori fans willing to let this slide and give it a 5 star rating, just out of sheer loyalty to the artist. this is not the way to go. I mean, who is Tori kidding? she's supposed to be making a CD not a slushy, which is effectively what she has done.
on 17 October 2005
this seems a subtle album , i like it. the beekeeper track has a lot of depth to it. i like that too.