Customer reviews

on 19 February 2001
As a reiki practitioner I am constantly searching for good laid back music for reiki, ch'i kung and other energy work. Harvey Summers 'Reiki Invisible Healing' stands up to the best in this field of music. On first impressions it is not as etherial as Merlins Magic or Anuvida, however, it does offer something slightly different. This CD really grows on you the more you listen to it, revealing layer upon layer of stimulating and uplifting vibes that are a superb aid to relaxation and healing.
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 11 May 2009
To coincide with Dolly's European tour of 2007, there were several CD releases including yet another best of compilation and three twofers (of which this is one) featuring six albums, five of which had never been released on CD while the other had only briefly been available in the early days of CD. Three of Dolly's older albums were also released with bonus tracks although only the bonus tracks were new to CD, the main albums having already been made available on earlier releases.

When I started collecting vinyl records, this album was already out of print, but I eventually tracked down a well-used copy. It was well worth the effort but I eventually found and bought a much fresher copy. The album was eventually released on CD in Canada and more recently as part of a British twofer with Joshua, which was making its CD debut. Now comes yet another re-issue, this time without the Joshua album but with four bonus tracks. As two of the bonus tracks were songs I'd never come across before, I couldn't resist buying at the price available.

Dolly wrote all the songs here except for three (If I lose my mind, The mystery of the mystery, The tender touch of love) that Porter Wagoner wrote. The title track is, of course, a classic. Perhaps the real surprise is that it only made number four on the American country charts, but music charts (whether country, pop or any other) have never told the whole story. The only other single taken from the album, My blue tears, made the country top twenty. Note that the version of Travelin' man on this album is the original 1971 recording, A version with a noticeably faster tempo appeared on one of her 1973 albums, Bubbling over; that version was released as a single and made the country top twenty, and that is the version of the song featured on compilations.

Another song, Early morning breeze, also appeared in a slightly different form on a later Dolly album (in this case, Jolene), though the difference is less obvious than with Travelin' man. The other songs that appeared on the original album are all brilliant but I particularly like If I lose my mind and She never met a man she didn't like.

The bonus tracks include an acoustic demo version of My blue tears, noticeably different from the official recording included in the main album. The other song that Dolly fans should recognize is My heart started breaking, a re-recording of which was released on Dolly's 1975 album simply titled Dolly but more generally known as The seeker / We used to. The remaining two bonus tracks (Just as good as gone, The tender touch of love) are the reason I bought this release and, being a committed Dolly fan, I feel that I've got my money's worth. One of them (Just as good as gone) was apparently released as a B-side but never appeared anywhere else prior to its inclusion here. The other (The tender touch of love) has never been released previously at all.

The accompanying liner notes are informative and include Dolly's own comments about the title track. The track-by-track details suggest that Travelin' man was released as a single but, as I explained above, the single version was a faster 1973 recording. Another thing I noticed (in the narrative) is the claim that this was Dolly's 17th album including her duets with Porter. I make it her 16th including her two Monument albums, or 18th if you also include the two RCA best of compilations already then available (one for her solo music, one for her duets) so one of us can't count - or maybe only one of the Monument albums counts, as the other was released after Dolly had moved to RCA. Such minor details don't detract from a wonderful listening experience. My only complaint is that this album, which I found so elusive in my vinyl days, has been re-packaged yet again when we are still awaiting the CD debut of other albums of the period such as Fairest of them all, Touch your woman and Bubbling over. Let's hope that sales of this album encourage Sony/ BMG to release them too.
on 4 May 2014
great songs, if you are a fan of latin music this is a masterpiece.love thalia!enjoy it .....................party love it !
on 28 January 2014
Good if you like Dolly, with some of her best known songs, with a few not so well known, overall great buy.
on 27 September 2015
Everything she does is great.
on 9 August 2016
my clients like the music
on 14 July 2016