Customer reviews

Greatest Hits
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 12 April 2012
Sara thrashed out a very witty old 'country woman celebrates her lot by bemoaning it' number called 'One's on the way' on an album of songs and soundbites celebrating Desperate Housewives' first season. As a DH fan, I bought this as soon as I saw it for ~£4 on this very site.

I loved the song - and Sara's enthusiastic performance - so much I listened and looked on Youtube and bought this compilation. It has some achy-breaky torchy ballads, but Sara's singing saves them from what they might have sunk to, but some top class songs too. I'm getting into Americana and this is a fantastic early purchase; especially the uptempo celebration of youthful freedom (to fail and then to win) 'Learning To Fly' and 'Suds in the Bucket', another very funny story of a girl being swept off her feet and her parents' attitude to her sudden life reorientation.

Quite a few of the songs probably aren't standouts in themselves but Sara's vocal expression elevates them to something more. Several use traditional country religious themes, but in an everyday rather than evangelistic manner which doesn't grate (to my secular humanist ears!).

This album shows that Sara both writes and chooses songs well, then weaves a magic with her wonderfully expressive voice. It's great company and makes me want to hear more of her singing, especially in Britain, where more witty and gritty American women singers don't often get the appreciation they deserve. I won't talk about why Britain hasn't embraced singers like her, but it's certainly not her appearance: the pics on this package are all absolutely gorgeous.
on 12 September 2017
First CD I have from Sara Evans, so far I really like it!
on 25 July 2017
Good
on 16 April 2017
Recommended
on 2 June 2017
happy with purchase
on 30 May 2008
If you're not already familiar with Sara Evans(for shame)then this album is the perfect place to start!!
Sara has a wide variety of pop/country sounds for her greatest hits.
It includes her big no.1's like the lovely ballad No Place That Far,her big toe tapping country song Suds In The Bucket and her cracker of a song A Real Fine Place To Start.A great uptempo.Other hits included are Perfect,Born To Fly and the fantastic Cheatin'-this song is so smartly written.You'll be smiling away at this one!
She also adds 4 new recorded songs to round it off,the catchy uptempo hits As If and Some Things Never Change.As well as the lovely ballad Love You With All My Heart,the strongest I've ever heard Sara sing and Pray For You.
Sara is one of the finest pop/country singers going so this is an essential to anyones collection.You won't be disappointed...
on 6 May 2009
Wow. Sara Evans. A name I hadn't heard before and, not being a country fan, I saw her album on itunes...I sampled it for a laugh and found myself REALLY liking it and knew I wanted the physical CD straight away. ABSOLUTE FAVORITE tracks are As If, Born to Fly (AWESOME track!), Cheatin, Suds in the Bucket, Saints and Angels, I Keep Looking, No Place That Far and Pray for You..now I really like country music because of her. I highly recommend this album if you're not sure if you like country...this will convert you i promise. They are so catchy!!!! I can't get them out of my head, and as a compilation of all her greatest tracks you can't go wrong. I love all of them and writing this review is making me want to go listen to it lol. Also be sure to check out Sara Evans-Never Alone (she did this for a Jim Brickman album, and Low which she did for a soundtrack..they're amazing).
on 15 February 2010
Does exactly what it says on the CD. Cherry picking some of the best material from Sara's last three albums especially the two that did really well for her ie Born to fly & Real fine place. Less well covered are the albums No place this far which only has the title track and Restless ( 2songs) . Nothing is included from her first album, which wasn't a hit. To compensate you get 4 new songs which suggest she may have reached her peak with Real fine Place but with a new album due later this year I would like to be proved wrong. Deffinatley a good place to start for a new fan though Real fine place is her best album.
on 18 November 2010
having heard a few of sara`s songs before ,i thought this was a bafgain , how right i was , modern country ,but with traditional undertones ,buy it
on 11 April 2013
This is probably a good buy for those new to Sara Evans or Country Music... It's a great collection and it showcases a very impressive country artist. Meaningful lyrics (a real corner-stone of this genre) meet a truly beautiful and easy-on-the-ears voice. I'd also recommend the album 'Stronger' which is only a couple of years old. Sara is brilliant.