on 20 July 2012
Having been only mildly impressed by the live action dramatisations of Sir Terrys Discworld novels I was more that impressed with this Cosgrove Hall animated version.
Made quite some time before the Sky attempts, Soul Music brings to life the almost anarchic spirit of the early novel in six parts.
C-H have masterfully reproduced the comic fantasy in an engaging and entertaining way, I had intended to watch a couple of episodes and then get in with something else but the day was lost as I watched the whole thing (I was in so much trouble, but it was worth it)
Christopher Lee isn't someone you'd think would be funny but he as 'DEATH' joining the Klatchian Foreign Legion to...um...er...um...FORGET? is masterful.
I have already watched the DVD a few times, sometimes taking it round a friends to share the experience and discuss the problems of an anthropomorphised man-concept having a grandaughter who needs to understand his (and I use the gender assessment loosely) 'work'.
It is such a shame that Cosgrove Hall couldn't make more than just the two as Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters are testaments to their love of the subject matter, brilliant!
on 27 August 2013
When I bought this it said in English and German, I haven't been able to change the language to English though, fortunately for me I am reasonably fluent in German so it really isn't a problem. If you don't speak German this may not be such a good buy.
on 24 January 2014
This would be a five star review if it were based solely on the movie. However this review is specific to this particular edition: It is in German. It is possible to change the audio to English (if you understand the German Menu) but there are no English Subtitles and for me that is a major concern.

As it is not made overly clear in the item details that it is German I have given it one star as I know many people would be unable to change the audio.........
on 29 August 2013
But beware of this product. It is in German and the page it is found on does not make that clear.
on 6 December 2012
Perhaps this suffers a bit in comparison with the "live action & c.g.i." later efforts but I don't think so, it just uses animation to tell the story & as expected from Cosgrove Hall it does an excellent job. I'll watch it in instalments though
on 29 March 2013
Been trying to get this for some time. Not a lot of Sir Terry on Film and difficult to match my image of Discworld but this is an enjoyable series - still not as good as the books
on 23 June 2013
Really enjoyed dvd, very close to book, good value for contents. I wish more of the books were available on dvd.
on 15 February 2016