Customer reviews

on 31 August 2014
Other than the 1st cd,the 2nd live cd must be the best concert from the 69-70 period and for that alone was the reason I purchased this item,having had it about 14 years ago and losing it somewhere along the way,all tracks are crystal clear and especially the concert,which I had on top volume today so half of Hastings mustve been Elvis in concert live.wicked 3 cd collection,a must for everyone,not just the fans.
on 3 December 2015
Another 5 star review but,um,thats the way it is. Well recorded and despite having a fair chunk of this already it is still well worth the price I paid..Also its a handy size on the shelf as it were, if you like Elvis this set is unmissable.
on 1 April 2018
Excellent box set of Elvis in the That's the Way it Is mode. 1969 was a very creative year for Elvis, and this box set is a fine companion to the other That's the way it Is cds
on 24 July 2016
A1 fave track I just cant help belivin
on 11 January 2016
quickly received, was what I expected
on 7 March 2014
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 28 April 2016
Elvis at his best
on 21 July 2014
great purchase great seller fast shipping 5 star all around!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 March 2015
When I'm in the mood I love my early Elvis cds but, time and again, I come back to TTWII. I saw it as a kid when it was first broadcast and nearly wore the groves off the vinyl album. This box set is probably only for purists (or someone who loves the concerts) as it's a mix of production quality tracks, a concert recording and rehearsals. So some (not many) tracks are repeated.

For me the period between the '68 special and TTWII produced many of my fav all time tracks and many of them are on here. His voice was warmer and richer by this point and I often sit at my pc and keep pressing repeat on Bridge Over Troubled Water. I think it's just slightly better than the S&G version and sets the hairs on back of my neck on end.

But then I also love I've Lost You, You've Lost That Loving Feeling, You Don't Have to Say You Love Me, The Next Step is Love, Twenty Days and Twenty Nights...the list goes on. It's a treasure.
2 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 April 2013
Make no mistake, for all his Rock 'n' Roll trail blazing in his early days, after Gospel ballads Elvis personally favoured ballads. Even back on those early Sun sessions before Elvis, Scotty and Bill discovered "That's All Right", Elvis was concentrating on ballads. In those early days Rock 'n' Roll took over and we all appreciate that. But, by the 1970 Elvis was in his mid-thirties and comfortable with himself and in returning to the stage after the Hollywood years he wanted to express himself vocally over and above what was possible in a Rock 'n' Roll song. So Elvis returned to ballads and produced some terrific music in this period. Classic hit singles asside such as "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me", "I just Can't Help Believin'!and "I've Lost You" tracks like "Just Pretend", "Twenty Days And Twenty Nights" are just expertly performed, by a supreme all round vocalist. Elvis was more than a Rock 'n' Roll artist and an early pioneering rebel, he was a singer. By this time he chose to simply sing and in doing so he captivated.
One person found this helpful