Customer reviews

on 24 April 2017
I am in love with this CD. The film, "Chocolat" is great, and I've always enjoyed the deep, dark, rich and delicious music that plays throughout, so I just had to buy it after having listened to the samples of each track here on Amazon! The first track, "Minor Swing" is just gorgeous, and I always find myself dancing along to it as well as "Vianne Sets Up Shop", "Party Preparations" and "Caravan"; the gypsy melodies simply swing and sway and it is sheer joy to move with the rhythm. The others, such as "Main Titles" and "The Story Of Grandmere", "Vianne Confronts The Comte", "Other Possibilities", and so on are wonderfully moody and dramatic and hauntingly beautiful, and all of them including the heady "Chocolate Sauce" and "Taste Of Chocolate" are infused by a touch of tingling magic and bliss that Rachel Portman injects with her exceptional composing skills so that every single piece of music is like a piece of the tastiest bar of chocolate in existence. I don't know if this music would curb a serious addiction to chocolate, however, it certainly keeps my hands off all sweets and it is overall such breathtakingly beautiful music that is well worth listening to! I'm very happy with this purchase, it came in excellent working condition and time before the estimated date, the disc plays as smoothly as melting chocolate and I recommend it to all fans of the film and Joanne Harris's novel. Thank you Amazon!
VINE VOICEon 11 August 2009
I have bought soundtracks in the past and you get some tracks that are a series of seemingly random, tuneless noises that make perfect sense when you watch the film, but simply do not work out of context; yes, I am thinking of you, Pirates of the Caribbean.

However, this CD is different in that all the tracks are self contained tunes which are all beautiful in their own right. It really does evoke the lovely warm chocolately feel you get watching the film. Beautiful soft flutes and violins and that wonderful steel guitar make this a real mixture of styles; slightly gypsy-ish, slightly french, a little South American with the pan pipes but all wonderfully light and delicate at the same time. Stunning.
One person found this helpful
on 10 October 2016
As soon as I first watched this film, I knew I had to get the OST and so glad I did, it's great.
on 12 August 2014
This is a lovely cd of typically french music it brings back fond memories of the film which I throughly enjoy watching periodically. It arrived quickly and in very good order and I am happy to buy from the seller again.
on 22 April 2016
Another of my all time favourite movies, so
I just had to get the music to the film. So glad
I bought it.
on 7 July 2017
Beautiful music!
on 29 September 2016
Very please with purchase
on 30 March 2018
The CD is good, the postage was quick. Unfortunately the case of the cd was broken.
on 2 January 2017