Customer reviews

Central Reservation
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 27 December 2012
Ahh, how good it is to stumble upon a brilliant 5 star album! Earthy voice, completely unpretentious, talented song writing, talented band. Can she sing? Is her singing voice sweet and harmonious? Is not Van Morrison living proof that you don't need to be able to sing in order to be successful? Yet give me the voice of Beth Orton any day. This is great music, and the singing voice complements the music in every song. Lyrically thoughtful, excellent songs. Chill out and get into this album. Track 1 claims your attention, and there follows lots of mellow easy listening, with also a very good trance-dance like track thrown in. Lovely album.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 April 2017
Another fabulous Beth Orton chill out CD. Again, I use in my car when travelling on a long journey. I'm a big fan of Beth Orton - a very big fan indeed.

The Last Days of Thunder Child: Victorian Britain in Chaos!
on 1 May 2014
Great CD and worth buying for the title track alone ! Two versions of CENTRAL RESERVATION are on the CD and both are great in their own individual way. She's a star that I feel doesn't even know it, and her music is often I would describe as being beautifully fragile and that makes it even more meaningful and as beautiful as Beth herself.
You may not want to go out and buy a 'Red Dress' but you should definitely buy this truly wonderful CD if you haven't already !!!
on 18 September 2016
I love this CD, I have rediscovered Beth after hearing Central Reservation on the radio. Excellent
on 16 November 2016
Nice tracks on this album
on 20 April 2016
A brilliant album! Owned it before but misplaced it so just had to buy it again. Quality!
on 28 April 2016
ok
on 28 May 2013
Makes a change to listen to folky, dreamy music. I like her style. (I do hope she gets her lost guitar back)
on 20 November 2017
no complaints.. prompt and great album!
on 6 August 2010
Beth Orton's voice is amazing. Really haunting! I am going to buy her other album at a later date. I have to, it's in the rules!