on 14 November 2007
I have long been a John Barrowman fan. This CD is very enjoyable although, for me, the material is not as good as the performances. What is good though is to hear 'pop' songs sung by someone who can really sing. John's breath control, diction and feeling is beautiful. Being Alive is my favourite track. John is really at his best in musical theatre and I would love another album of 'quality' material including more Stephem Sondheim, Cole Porter etc.
Recommended however. (Nice to see that Rachmaninov got a credit for All By Myself!)
Ian Scott
on 20 July 2017
this is great
on 21 November 2017
Perfect
on 25 May 2008
I love this CD. John Barrowman has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard and the emotion he puts into his singing gives me shivers every time I hear him.
I was unsure about a couple of the songs on the CD. Not because I don't like them, but because I absolutely love them and I worried about them being "ruined". As it turned out, I actually preferred Barrowman's versions to the originals!
There genuinely seems to be nothing this man can't do.
on 20 May 2015
Still love hearing John Barrowman,
Such passion in his singing.
on 8 April 2014
Good album with some surprising song choices but sadly not John at his best. Fans will enjoy this but not for a wider audience.
on 12 April 2014
JB needs to stick to new current pop music on his cds. Doing someone else's music all the time plus none that showed off his wonderful voice does no one any good. Next time I will check it out better - I just saw a John Barrowman cd I didn't have and grabbed it. I wouldn't do that again.
on 19 April 2014
I Like this guys style of music , comes over nice and easy after a bad day at work or if you need to switch off
on 8 November 2015
Fabulous
on 17 October 2013
Good music, some repeats from other CDs but I never tire of listening to it. Would recommend it for sure.