on 20 October 2015
I paid £15 for 4 songs...
Why does the description state the full album but only 1 song per side?
Joke.
on 4 November 2008
Ok, what most impressed me about this album is the variety on display. It ranges from chilled funky DnB in similar styles to High Contrast (Can't Get Enough, Take Me Away) to the incredibly heavy dubstep-y-ness of 'Eastern Jam'.

If you liked anything by Chase & Status before, you'll love this, it's got 'Hurt You' for starters, so can't really go wrong there!

Recommended.
review image
on 12 December 2008
This album is excellent. That should be sufficient, but to clarify, i'll say a few more words.

It pretty much delivers on every track, flows amazingly well as an album, combines various genres including soul, hip-hop, breakbeat and drum & bass (of course) in a very original way. I bought this album yesterday and I've probably listened to it over 10 times! I bought it just for the last track "Is it worth it" which I thought was original as I was not expecting the bassline, given the style of the song to begin with. But its always a risk buying an album for just 1 track, in case the rest of the album sounds like your ex-girlfriend's younger brother playing on his xylophone - original for all the wrong reasons or just plain terrible. But I have not been disappointed! I haven't been able to stop listening to it, and I haven't had this reaction to an album, especially a d&b album, for a long time.

I imagine there will be those hardcore d&b fans who say its not true to d&b, i.e. the same people that think Pendulum - Hold Your Colour, isn't true. Firstly, this album is better than Hold Your Colour, (which I think is a great album), but secondly, I'm not that concerned (and you shouldn't be either) with "true to" or "not true to" a particular genre. This album is just good music, pure and simple. That's where its strength lies (in my humble opinion), its not just a "drum & bass" album which alienates everyone except the 0.05% of the population who can continually bang their head to the same repetitive beat for 10 minutes and not pass out. For most of the tracks, you wouldn't realise its a d&b album specifically until the rhythm kicks in.

Like any good album, there are multiple amazing tracks: Pieces feat. Plan B interweaves a touching soulful melody with a vicious bass line, Eastern Jam is probably my favourite track, and for jungle fans Smash TV is great (yes, the word 'jungle' is mentioned). Music club is a jovial track, as its got a cheesy dj (ala the Fast Show), explaining how to construct a "massive club banger", but don't let the cheese fool you as the beat is quality. Its a testament that the selling point of the album, a feat. Kano song: Against All Odds, isn't even the best song in my opinion, but definitely adds another layer to the album.

I have never written a review before, but given the stupendous quality of this album, I feel compelled to tell anyone who hears about this album to not just contemplate getting it, get it! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. And I was beginning to think there was nothing original out there anymore, wherever did I get that idea from?
on 1 October 2009
More Than Alot:
A groundbreaking album to say the least. This will no doubt be a future classic. Very orginal sounding, and a must-have for on the road/in the car, chillin out, going out.
I was fortunate enough to have seen them live in 2008 in Birmingham before the album was a hit. I've been hooked since. Very talented!
on 1 November 2009
2 massive hits made me buy this album, just it more than the 2 songs (pieces and eastern jam.) It has quality throughout. I see them heading in a great direction with the songs on this album, and I can say that the songs live are breathtaking.
on 13 August 2010
Just a few words for this album: iT's 0ne 0f the BeST Album of the Year!!!!!Every song is Good...."Pieces", "Eastern Jam" and "Take me Away" MasterPieces!!!!Buy it
on 2 February 2013
oh my god i love this album.i've listend to it so much since i got it.then again all the chasing & status albums are good.cant wait for a new one!
on 6 January 2009
OK there's not much point me telling people about this album if they're d&b heads already because they'll already know about it - there there's been a massive buzz around this album already around radio and the clubs, with loads of DJs rinsing three of four of these tracks regularly.

For anyone not familiar with D&B, check this album out because it's one of the best examples of the genre I can think of to start with. It's much more varied stylistically than previous breakthrough D&B albums like, say, "Diary of a Digital Soundboy" by Shy FX and T. Power. It's also innovative enough to include a crossover dubstep track like the amazing "Eastern Jam", while still providing a gangsta roller like "Ghetto", a quality, melody-driven joint like "Pieces" and totally menacing freakout like "Smash TV".

Why not 5 stars? Well, I can't put it up with all time classic albums like OK Computer or Thriller and to be honest this stuff always makes more sense mixed (these guys did an amazing mix on BBC radio 1xtra in 2008 BTW). Lastly, to an extent it's not going to come across as well on a small stereo as on a huge bass heavy sound system. Overall though, this is a fascinating and invigorating album and is proof that Drum & Bass moves on and mutates once more into a new form, with innovators like Chase & Status around, long may it continue!
on 25 December 2015
Only four tracks and it didnt even work. Paid for a display album. Not sure how they are allowed to sell this
on 3 July 2010
Good album, although it really is a mix of the average, the good and the great. Worth buying though.