Customer reviews

on 8 November 2008
The title says it all really because those of you that have R30 or Rush in Rio might be thinking 'why do I need this?'. Well, firstly it has a load of songs which are not on those DVDs, secondly Geddy's voice sounds better than ever (and is for once well up in the mix), thirdly the band play a blinder (this is even better than R30) and finally the sound and picture quality is the best yet (some dates on the British tour weren't so hot sound quality wise - don't judge this by them). The Snakes and Arrows cd of course is heavily featured and some Rush fans have been a little lukewarm about this latest cd. But most who stick with the songs end up loving them (which just makes it a typically Rush album!!).
28 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 30 March 2009
I had bought the cd of this concert initially, and then borrowed the Blu-ray disc from someone at work, and it impressed me that much I had to purchase my own. The picture quality is just second to none, and the band look throughout the show as if they are really enjoying themselves. It runs for about 3 hours in length on one disc, (which is why the blu-ray is actually cheaper than the 2 disc normal dvd), and there isn't a dull moment in it. I have all their previous Live Dvd's and have to say this is probably their best, not just because of the picture quality but also because of the song selection, they do big chunks of Permanent Waves, and mix well their new material with their old. There is not much music yet on Blu-ray, but if you want to show off your system to your friends, this would be one I would pick!
2 people found this helpful
on 6 May 2015
this is a definitive blu ray concert, the picture is as good as you could want and the sound excellent, if you like rush you will love this. 75% old stuff 25% new songs promoting current album. they manage to replicate the studio recordings to perfection. cannot find a reason to fault this. if you are a fan of rush you will love this.
on 26 December 2013
This is my first Rush video, and I'm totally satisfied with it.

It's not an easy to listen type of music for the first time, and the setlist features more songs from the then-current album (Snakes and Arrows) rather than the big hits. But this three guys play wonderfully and it is amazing to watch and listen them.

The picture, the sound and the editing is absolutley brilliant. The main concert is nearly three hours long, and there is almost an hour of extra materials (some missing songs like the 2112 Medley, Trees, etc), a humorous mini-movie,and outtakes of the rear-screen footages.
on 27 February 2018
Just FYI (as of Feb 2018) this is the 3 disc DVD for this low price, not just the one disc DVD the listing seems to suggest.
on 20 November 2012
I saw Rush in Bristol back in the 80's and had never heard such a loud band how could a trio raise such a sound? Then I saw this concert on Sky Arts and had to get the D.V.D. and play it through home cinema. It does not disappoint and I hope the neighbours liked it too and as I have received no complaints I must assume they did. I still love the "Tom Sawyer" track and despite the odd goings on in the background would recommend this to anyone.
on 13 July 2010
I bought this while somewhat inebriated, but I can honestly say it's the best drunken purchase I've ever made, and I'd do all it again, given the chance.

Rush are, in my opinion, easily one of the greatest bands in the world. They've got an amazing guitarist, an amazing bassist, and the greatest living drummer in the world. While other bands from their era are missing members, or are just a bit past it, Rush are still on top form with the same lineup they've had since 1974 - and they haven't run out of ideas, either. They're incredibly tight live, and for just three of them, they make a hell of a lot of noise. They're touring Europe in 2011, but until then this blu-ray goes some way to capturing the atmosphere, the electricity and the sheer rock majesty of a Rush live show. Worth it for Neil Peart's drum solo alone. The gig is there in full, plus there are a few extras to provide an encore on demand. Some live videos, I feel, you can only get one or two viewings out of before the novelty value wears off, but Snakes and Arrows Live is a disc I can see myself putting on quite a lot. A perfect companion to Beyond The Lighted Stage [Blu-ray] [2010], also an easy 5-star winner.
on 9 March 2018
excellent
on 22 August 2015
Recently got this on blue ray.... This has always been my favourite live rush dvd. ... The mix of a great stage set up... Lighting rig and excellent set list.... The playing atimes is just sublime
on 17 April 2015
I really enjoy watching this disc over and over again, it's classic Rush at its best in bluray which really brings the 3 of them out fantastically. I love this disc, a must for any Rush fan.