on 2 August 2009
An absolute 'must have' item for any parent/baby. I would thoroughly recommend this mobile and it's in the top 5 of my best buys. My daughter was 2 months old when I bought this and she still loves it. The mobile can be attached (safely) to a car seat handle, which keeps little one amused, whilst in the car or out in the pushchair. The mobile has faces on one side that flip over to show brightly coloured, 3D creatures. The soothing (not irritating) music has a 'mute' button, so the mobile will rotate without the music playing.
on 27 March 2010
We bought this mobile to attach to our daughter's car seat to help calm her down as she would get quite upset in the car and didn't really enjoy going in her car seat. Now instead of getting upset when we put her in it - her attention is drawn to the mobile and she is much happier. The mobile plays a lovely soft melody which is not too annoying or distracting or loud - it is just perfect for keeping her attention. The mobile spins around slowly meaning she can look at each of the three characters as they go past. She seems to like the dangly animals more than the black, red and white faces printed on the one side but I think this is because the angle that the mobile hangs at means she can't see the black and white images very well. She still gets upset in the car sometimes - but this keeps her amused and happy when we put her in her seat, meaning she doesn't start off crying straight away! The mobile takes batteries but they seem to last fairly well as we have had the mobile on for hours (every car journey we take - and she is now 3 months old) and haven't had to replace them yet. You can also set the mobile to just turn and have no music which is useful if you don't like the music I guess. The mobile has both a peg type clip and a velco strap meaning you can adjust the height of it which is useful as a lot of mobiles seem to hang down too low to be fitted in a car seat - but this one is the perfect height.
on 8 July 2010
This mobile has been a Godsend. We travel all over the country in the car visiting relatives and thanks to this mobile (which we got when our baby was 2 months old) our 6 month old has never complained. We have been through soooo many batteries because it's used all the time ... yet baby has never gotten bored with it. Even doing my weekly shop in Sainsbury's we have it playing as it distracts him. I can't rate it highly enough. Note, there are two attachements - a velcro one so you can hang it off the car seat handle and a gripper so you can clip it to the hood of baby's pram ... genius! It's also handy when you're trying to get ready to go out. Strap baby into car seat and put mobile on. It gives you those few extra minutes you need to gather your bits and bobs together without baby getting twitchy!
on 17 November 2009
This is the second one of these I have bought. It was the best toy at calming and soothing my grandson so when a colleague at work had a baby I got one for her too. It has really soothing classical music that does not irritate even after hours of repetition in the car. Would recommend to everyone.
on 9 January 2010
I bought this when my baby was only a few weeks old as i was struggling to calm him when changing his nappy. I have a change unit with a shelf above it. I can clip it onto the shelf and suspend above his head very safely. He is mesmerised by it and still is 6 months on. It can easily be attached to the handle on his car seat or clipped onto the hood of his pushchair so very adaptable. Even when it's not spinning round, he still loves starring at it. I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone. Many of my friends have bought it.
on 30 May 2010
This mobile is one of the best purchases I've made for my baby. He's now almost four months old and I've been using this mobile on his buggy for a couple of months. He loves the relaxing classical music (not as tinny as some children's toys and so much better than nursery rhymes, and less annoying for other people in your vicinity!) and watching it spin around. For some reason, although he enjoys going for a walk in his buggy he seems to forget this every time and hates being put into the buggy, so I turn on the mobile as soon as I put him in and it calms him down and helps him drop off to sleep when we get moving. I leave it on the whole time we're out walking around usually and he often wakes up if I turn it off. The batteries last a surprisingly long time. Now, whenever I put him into the buggy he immediately looks up at the mobile waiting for it to start going! Couldn't live without it. Great that it has two options for how to attach it as well (velcro loop or strong crocodile clip). Only thing that could be improved is maybe having the volume level adjustable, rather than just on or muted.
on 1 March 2011
We have an amby hammock so cant use the clasic mobiles. This mobile fits perfectly but that is the only bonus! My main gripes are its battery operated and we seem to be changing/charging batteries very frequently, the mechanism is really loud and almost seems that the speaker is blown and lastly there is no timer. A few of my issues I could have found out prior to buying so my fault really. We had a version of this before for our son several years ago which was miles better. It was a wind up device and much, much quieter! I really wish we had been able to get the same one this time around! Anyway we continue to use it till we find a new alternative :-(
on 21 October 2010
My daughter is nine weeks old and she loves this product, we had a slow start as she got used to it but after a few days she seems to really like it. We have attached it to her bouncer and she sits mesmorised by it watching it go round, giggling and reaching out (as much as she can do at the moment) it is also very good at soothing her in the evening when she is unhappy! The two different sides are brilliant as she is developing, and it's great that we can take it on the car seat or the pram as well. Although I thought it was slightly expensive at the time it is the best product I have bought for her and so glad that I got it!
on 31 January 2011
I bought this mobile with high hopes that it would settle my duahgter who was 2.5 months old at the time. I had read good reviews about it elsewhere. Goodness knows either I got a dodgy one or the other reviewers simply switched it on and left the room so as not to hear the din.

My issue with the mobile is that the sound of the mechanism practically drowns out the sound of the music itslef. I would have taken it back but had foolishly thrown the box away before trying it out.

I realise that the real test is whether my daughter actually liked it. The answer is a resounding NO. She cried every time I put it on for her!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 January 2010
This is a great product. It kept my son entertained for hours. It can used on the one side from birth and on the dangling side when they get a bit older. We give this as gifts now