on 4 March 2016
Brilliant toastie maker - well designed, well made, robust and good looking and what is more important fantastic toasties. Really easy to keep clean as the plates lift out and go in the dishwasher. One of the plates had a slight casting error - a one off - so it cracked when in the washer shortly after delivery - I phoned the help line and they sent me two spare plates within one day - great service.
on 7 March 2016
The toaster worked until today, because after 6 months, the handle is broke... The top part just broke and I can't use it, since I can't hold the bread inside... It's the worst product ever. DON'T BUY!
review imagereview imagereview image
on 14 February 2018
I purchased this sandwhich maker because it was deep pocket and Cuisinart. I own a lot of their products and they are well made and reliable, not so this machine. It does make really nice deep filed sandwiches, but the non stick coating on the plates is awful. I hand wash the plates with a microfiber cloth and still large chunks came off, after 7 months of very light use, the machine was basically unusable. I contacted Cuisinart 3 times about this and 3 times I was ignored. I then contacted Amazon who replaced the machine immediately - thank heavens for Amazon!! I will certainly think twice before buying any other Cuisinart equipment, would probably buy another reputable brand like Krupps......
on 13 May 2017
Does the job it's supposed to fine - but after a few weeks the working faces of the two hot plates have started to lose their non-stick coating after dishwasher plus some soft hand washing, and each time they are washed, an unpleasant black substance comes off the backs of both plates onto hands or any drying cloth used.
on 14 November 2015
Product was defective, (I bought two of these toasted sandwich makers, one for myself and one as a present for my daughter). Initially I was pleased with toasted sandwiches produced, hence bought one for my daughter. Both received light, occasional use, but both have failed. One within the one year-within warranty and the other within two years. I am now looking for replacements, will not be buying Cuisinart. Not recommended.
on 9 July 2015
Excellent sandwich maker!! After reading all of the reviews and getting answers to my question, I decided to buy this machine. I am very happy with the purchase and it works perfectly, despite some reviewers commenting to the contrary. I don't experiment a lot, just make cheese and ham toasties, but the cheese stays nicely melted without spilling out everywhere. I use sliced bread smaller than the tray, but it still seals the snadwiches beautifully. Also the fact that I can just put the trays in the dishwasher when finished is a godsend. I would recommend this without hesitation!
on 25 April 2015
This is a well-built sandwich toaster, with removable non-stick plates which make it all the easier to keep clean. It alsp has multiple heat settings, although in truth we always use medium. I think it's the same as (or very similar to) the Waring WOSM1U 2 Slice Deep Fill Sandwich Toaster, except that it has a slightly longer guarantee than the Waring, and more stainless steel. I've read some comments about size of the palates being a little bit large to seal bread effectively, and I agree with this up to a point. But I find it's okay with a larger 800g loaf. All in all, we're very happy with it and would definitely recommend it to others.
on 1 May 2017
Very pleased with this sandwich maker, compered with others I have had it browns really nicely, I would recommend this product
on 29 December 2017
The ultimate sandwich toaster. Makes great sandwiches and is really easy to clean. This is our second one, the first only lasted a couple of years but we did get good use out of it.
on 19 October 2017
I read about a problem with the handle but I've not had any problems yet, I find if you squeeze the handle closed it seems a bit easier. I like the deep toasty plates but make sure that the bread fully fits the plate or your filling may leak out, great toasty maker.