on 3 May 2010
I deliberated a little while before buying this item as it's difficult to know just how big these things are until you get them - but I decided to go for this one, based on their good name and a good price.

Firstly, this is a very sturdy little bag; the tough material, the quality zips and the sturdy connecting clip and bracket all inspire confidence to put one's valuables inside. On first glance I was a little dubious about whether it would fit everything I wanted inside but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it happily accommodates my small binoculars, compact camera, phone and bunch of keys. Not only that but this is without unzipping the expandable section. Very impressive and it frees up my pockets, whilst allowing me to take the bins and camera on every trip. For larger loads, I found that the expandable section allows for easier packing of items inside - in fact it facilitates packing in any case, to have this section unzipped, then zip it up again to keep the contents securely together inside.

Although there were no instructions included, fitting the bag was simplicity itself. Unfortunately one of the nuts on my example had a manufacturing fault and would not screw onto either of the bolts. Fortunately though, it was a standard sized nut and was easily replaced by a spare I had. The bracket fitted easily onto the standard saddle of my GT Mountain Bike and once clipped in provided a strong attachment to the bike. The front Velcro tab looked less secure but has so far proved just fine.

Most of my riding is off-road on very bumpy tracks, up and down dale and the saddle bag has proved excellent in these conditions; remaining securely attached and keeping my valuables safe and sound in all conditions.

All in all I cannot fault this item. It is small yet capacious, well made and strong and attaches sturdily to my bike. It was despatched promptly by "Parker's of Bolton" and although the postage was almost as much as the item itself, this seems to be the standard charge for this item and in any case I still feel I have a bargain in this great little bag and I highly recommend this excellent product
on 9 August 2009
good, stirdy product. If you don't have any pockets when riding, then it is Very useful to put phone, wallet, keys and tools etc. Extremely good value for money, would reccomend it. Although a friend purchased a new saddle and his did not fit to it, but i think it fits the majority of saddles.
on 13 September 2009
This bag is big enough to carry your emergency repair ket and more. Parker are very efficient and helpful.
on 19 July 2010
I ordered this bag as I wanted something to put a small first aid kit in and mobile phone, keys etc. When it arried it is the size of a travel shoe shine kit (extremely compact). On saying that, it fits all the items I wanted it to. However, could I fit it to my bike saddle (could I heck). We have 3 bikes, all different and there was no way I could work out what to do with it (no instructions in package). After trying for ages, I gave up and have attached it to the handle bars instead. Does the job in hand but beware, its like the krypton factor to fit!
on 27 July 2014
First of all, if this bag fits your bike seat, you are on your way with five stars? However, this seat with its fittings did not fit under my bike seat. I tried everything. The pair of interlocking fittings provided were not wide enough to go across the fixtures under my bike seat.

The description on this product makes it sound like it fits any bike seat, but it really should stipulate the type and size or bike seat it will fit - or it should give the actual dimensions of the fittings provided with the product.

I ended up having to return this product, which is never much fun. I'd rather have received something that I could use.
on 26 December 2011
The bag is really spacious, especially when you undo the zipper which releases some extra fabric.

The fixing, however, is harder to mount than it needs to be, and not very sturdy. After hitting some dirt trails, the top part of the fixing broke, and the bag is now hanging rather precariously. Mind this caveat when buying.
on 30 March 2016
Reasonable size and quality, however I can't get it to fit. The clip on the top of the bag seems too far forward, the bag won't go back far enough to clip on to the bracket and round the seat post. Not worth sending it back.
on 19 March 2015
I bought this one as a replacement for the last one which lasted 2 years. I would give it 5 stars if my first one had lasted longer. The inner expandable material can tear after a while if you stretch it too much. I will be more careful with this one.
For the price though and what it gives you it is 5 out of 5; for its endurance I give it 4 out of 5.
I bought this for my wife's bike, the fitting was easy but that's because I had the correct tools & a tool should be provided because it not the normal screw or allen Key. I don't know if it's the saddle or the bracket but I couldn't fit it right at the highest part of the saddle and I had to lower the mudguard down as far as I could for it to fit and not rest on the mudguard. She won't be able to use the extra panel at the bottom because there isn't enough room. The seat pack looks and feels good quality and has a lot of room, it hasn't been used yet so I can't say how long it will last.
on 27 December 2012
This product is great. You can expand the size of it, and you could stick basically anything in it, bar a bike, I probably wouldn't try to put that in it. It's also a good size to. So it's probably one of the best saddlebags, if you you were just looking at the pros.
But let's have a look at what's wrong with this.
1. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR SADDLE IS FAR ENOUGH UP FROM YOUR TIRE, SO THAT THE SADDLEBAG DOESN'T RUB AGAINST IT AND RIP!!! This happened to me a couple of times and the fabric came away quite quickly, although it was still usable. It happened when I opened the extension zip compartment to make it bigger.
2. MAKE SURE THAT THE THING IS ATTACHED AS TIGHTLY AS POSSIBLE. Mine came off after about 4 rides and I almost lost my nice new phone.
I'd definitely buy this, but be careful!!!

See one answered question