Customer reviews

on 28 April 2014
Had the CD(see my review). Gave the CD away and downloaded this track, as it was the only piece I really liked on the CD, and is to the Marines usual high standards. Recommended.
on 29 March 2014
I first heard this piece of music on Ken Burns's Civil War series.

A mournful, bitter-sweet melody, it is slow-paced, and haunting, perfectly suited to the strings, which almost seem to pull the notes from the depths of the composer's heart.

I would recommend sampling a few options, before choosing. There is a surprising variety of tempos and interpretations available.
on 16 September 2009
I heard this on Classic FM and felt that I should like to own it. A beautiful piece of music.
on 18 June 2014
Not much more to say really. Heard it on Classic FM and had to buy it immediately. Am very pleased to add it to my classical collection.
on 3 November 2014
This is beautiful, and was played at my husband's funeral last week.
on 17 February 2014
I wanted it as an mp3 to add to my collection. With that in mind it's a good recording. However, this is the first time I've bought an mp3 track from Amazon, as my previous supplier no longer sells them. It took me a long time to be able to download it to my computer, rather than use the Cloud. It should be easier.
on 18 September 2015