Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 6 December 2011
After 12 years from listening the K&D Sessions, I've purchased DJ Kicks for the reason i needed a sort of ambient electronic drum and bass music for a video editing project.
I've to recognize that the quality of this cd is awesome, light years superior to a lot of electronic music I'have occasion to listen by radio and tv.
The most important quality of the duo is the capacity to rich every song with a lot of musical parts and details in an extraordinary natural way.
Really a great album.
on 3 November 2013
I love K&D anyway and Tosca which is one member of K&D family. This album has been played by me more times than most of my other 1000's of underground well made albums. WHY? Simple, because of the two main things I look for when buying dope music. 1) Very well mixed and very well chosen tracks 2) The order of the tracks used. This is because being a chill master as I am, I want a musical journey and this is exactly what you get when you drop this. A seamless selection of chilled breaks, drum and bass and dub creating a mood which is in my opinion ideal at any time of the day or night and for those after party late night sessions which I also love. I would love to say that there are highlights BUT THE WHOLE THING is a highlight. Grab their other mixes also as they never disappoint me. Also, look out for Tosca, Old DJ Shadow stuff, UNKLE, OM Lounge stuff, Chilled Out Euphoria Mixed By Solar Stone (THE RED DOUBLE CD).
on 1 July 2000
I got this album after becoming aurally attached to K+D Sessions. Like that one, I hadn't heard of most of the artists on the compilation but if that puts you off too then don't hesitate cos this isn't about artists and tracks, it's about the most original, refreshing, uplifting mix of drum'n'bass and breakbeat you'll ever hear (tell me if you think otherwise!) mixed fluently so that each track assimilates unnnoticed into the next track. I wouldn't call it ambient but it is great to chill out to, buy this you won't be disappointed.
on 11 April 2007
It's a real grower, this album. When I first listened to it, I couldn't see what the fuss was about, really. It sounded just like another chill-out CD, albeit better than the others. But after repeated listens, I started to appreciate how accomplished it was. The mix is so seamless that you can't work out where one track stops and another begins. Basically, if this is a chill-out CD, then it pretty much redefines the whole genre. This is not about loosely stringing together some nice tunes; this is about sounds, tempo, and rhythm. Normally with a review, I'd point out the good tracks, but in this case it's pretty much irrelevant here. The tunes picked by K&D merely help them achieve the tempo and rhythm they want. Each tune has been masterfully tweaked and re-engineered. It's dub, drum & bass, funk and jazz. My brother, who is a classically trained, loves it.

Basically, this is head and shoulders the best of the DJ Kicks series, and quite possibly the best chill-out album ever made.
on 27 March 2001
I originally bought this for a friend, as I had the Sessions already whicb everyone agreed is great. He rated it as great music for driving, which is very true. The tape's done one year's service and is still the choice of the masses. Out of the car it rates very highly too. It might take a couple of runs through to completely appreciate it, but it's definitely worth it. Probably the best album I own (the other contender being the Sessions, which says it all really).
on 26 February 2000
If CDs wore out this one wouldn't work anymore. Very rich, definitely not formulaic, and packed with intelligence. A pleasure to work to, relax with and drive past. Indulge yourself. ''If you only buy one album this month etc''...
on 27 February 2001
After being mightily impressed by the K+D sessions I wasn't sure whether this would live up to the standards it set. How wrong I was. Perhaps a more coherent mix than sessions, it mixes styles and tempos seamlessy. Bassy trip hop melts into glacial drum and bass, with the acidic electro of Hardfloor rubbing shoulders with down tempo, almost folky guitar towards the end of the mix. If you want something different from the usual mix cd fare buy this. You won't regret it.
on 2 May 2002
Right from the start with the opening track of Herbaliser 'mother' you can see that Kruder and Dorfmeister are on top form with the funky bass line that just takes you along. With top remixes of The LabRats and the awsome Thievery corporation you can't but help to just sit back and let the melodies and break-beats wash over you. I throughly enjoyed listening to this albulm, and I have reserved a special place for it in my CD collection.
on 12 December 2000
A truly sublime mix album, where each song effortly drifts in to the next, its entire Seventy-two minutes utterly captivating. The equivalent of having my entire, diverse, music collection put together to fit on one CD. It is now, when I think back, that I admit that this album seems to be on all the time, in the car, when I am working and when I am just kicking back. A masterpiece.
on 24 April 2000
Imagine the best time you ever had out at a club, the music was just right...pumping melodically, a groove that you wouldn't soon forget. Kruder and Dorfmeisters DJ Kicks effort will bring that feeling to you home..your parties every weekend. A tour de force of smooth tecno hiposity...a sure fire winner in every CD rotation. s_dennis@hotmail.com