on 3 June 2005
This book is a wonderful godsend. It is writen in a way that everybody can understand including the children learning. It goes through grades in detail with full explinations and drawing, broken down in stages which I felt were easy to follow. It was great to be able to put pictures to words I had heard and more detailed explinations than sometimes you get during a class. There are lots of helpful tips and reminders and a good glossary of terms it even shows you where to sew on elastics correctly on your shoes!!! I highly recomend this book to anyone of any age interested in ballet. The only downside is I wished it was longer! and covered every single exercise possible it was that good a book.
on 22 January 2000
This book is real good, as it is based on RAD Ballet Training for pre primary -> grade 5. It was written in a way that can be understood really well. The best parts are the drawings. Very accurate and realistic. This book contains ballet vocabulary,ballet training (character too), little pargraphs written by dancers, and a few more things. It wa so useful that my teacher asked if she could borrow it!
on 24 April 2008
I found this book immensly helpful and very clear to follow. It goes through important exercises and dance moves from pre-primary grade to grade 5, so gives you alot of help when practicing no-matter what standard you are! i reccommend this book to anyone interested in improving their technique, or wanting to start ballet lessons. I hope you enjoy it too.
on 27 April 2009
Shows key exercises from pre-primary to grade 5. I have used this book to help and support primary school aged children who are attending dance classes. It is usfull for prompting their memories of movements they have been practicing. It also has clear descriptions of many ballet terms. The pictures and directions are very clear that anyone could understand them. I would recomend this book to anyone who has children who dance, or want to explore their interest in dance . A great book
on 4 March 2009
This book is beautifully illustrated and very easy to understand. Makes me feel happy and calm!
on 16 February 2012
I bought this book so that I would have an idea of the syllabus for RAD ballet classes. My daughter is about to start pre-primary. It's great to get an idea of what will be tested so I can help her at home if necessary.
on 8 March 2016
Although this book is a few years old and the layout and illustrations are a little dated it is still a valuable reference guide to the ballet syllabus. It is clearly aimed at children but it is a useful (and simply worded) guide for adults too. Very useful.
on 5 October 2012
Doing ballet at college this is a very good, very detailed book explaining things thoroughly with simple illustrations. Really helps show you how to perform and brushes up on your knowledge of ballet and the performing arts.
Suitable for all ages, although it is not brightly printed it is literally more like drawn scanned images and writing so it's simple, basic, plain and easy however I do not think a younger child would want to read this probably ages 13+ is more idealistic for this book.

Very good I recommend it to anyone adult or child, just starting out or wanting to learn more ballet.
on 3 October 2013
My daughter loves this book, she uses it regularly to practice for her exams.if any of your little girls are serious about ballet this is a perfect book for christmas
on 13 March 2013
This is just what I needed to help me with my ballet and to supplement the classes I attend. Great