on 20 September 2015
Completely changed the way I approach outdoor photography. Note that it knocks about a stop off your exposure, so it isn't the kind of filter to leave on *all* the time. Be careful of the uneven effect it has when shooting wide angle lenses (see pic).
review image
on 19 March 2017
Very happy with my new 67mm hd polatising filter. Arrived well packaged and on time. I am using this on my Nikon 16-85 mm lens and at 16mm there is no vignetting and no notible loss in image quality. Makes a huge difference to the blue skies and clouds, grass is greener and water and glass clarity are superb as that's does an excellent job at eliminating glare. Would definitely recommend and the price is superb athe £30. Absolute bargain.
on 15 May 2017
Hoya 77mm HD Polarizing Filter.
This a must have if photographing in bright light, especially when taking photos around water.
Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens. They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colours providing better contrast. The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter. The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
A brilliant all rounder kept in my camera bag at all times.
review image review image
on 1 August 2011
I bought this polarising filter in mid-June after reading a review of polarising filters in "Advanced Photographer", in which it was awarded "Best in Test", but was rather expensive. It was a pleasant surprise to find it available from Amazon at just over 1/3rd of the usual price.

I have now used it for about 6 weeks and I am very pleased indeed with it's performance. It works really well darkening blue skies, improving contrast between clouds and sky, and brightening the landscape generally. It has improved my landscapes considerably. It reduces reflections in water quite well, but did not remove reflections in images that I took in an aquarium, although perhaps this was too much to ask.

It is very easy to use and is so thin and transparent that I hardly noticed it on the camera, it certainly did not reduce exposure by any noticeable degree. The front, rotating element of the filter has an arrow marked on it which made it very easy to reset to a standard position between shots. This feature made it quick to set for different photographs, with different lighting. It was also very easy to keep clean over a longish period of use, even greasy finger marks and damp spots came off easily. One very small niggle is that the back filter element is so thin that to remove the filter from the camera I had to hold the front of the lens very firmly indeed to start the filter's screw turning.

In summary, I can thoroughly recommend this polariser.
on 8 October 2016
Fits well and able to turn easily. Can still use lens cap.
So far used on a sunny day at the sea side , lovely vibrant colours.
Pleased with this purchase.
review image
on 27 March 2017
It's a filter. Does the job. Reasonably thin so should not cause problems with typical wide angle lenses - ok with my zoom at 18mm on Canon crop frame formate. Time will tell if it is durable. Can't say much more than that.
on 9 June 2017
Very good. Does as expected. Very thin. Can't compare light transmission to others as I've never owned another one.
on 12 May 2015
Expensive but worth it.
on 28 April 2017
Great quality polar filter.
on 9 December 2010
I bought this filter mainly because of good light transmission and anti-scratch resistance. Prior to purchase I was wondering how the plastic screwthread would work on my existing metallic B+W UV filter. It screws on fine and I don't see vignetting when using both together on a Tokina 12-24mm wide angle lens.
Due quite possibly to my ignorance that the following may apply to polarisers more generrally, I was frustrated intially that, having screwed the filter on, I couldn't get it off again. I discovered by chance that if you merely rotate the polariser anti-clockwise, the main thread suddenly frees up.