on 21 August 2015
Great sound for £12. Though my volume knob was very very stiff. Wasnt worth the hassle of changing as they do a great job even with a stiff knob (if I may be so bold...).
on 4 March 2013
Like a lot of people I have a small LCD TV with really rubbish sound. These great little speakers sorted that out.
Great for the price.
on 15 October 2013
I got these as background music speakers for my laptop. I wanted something small, reasonable looking and ones that did not buzz all the time like my last set. These fit the bill on all of those. They are not going to blast the house down but give a good sound for what they are.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 October 2011
I've owned these speakers for over a year, have used them for music and speech hooked up to pc or mp3 player. Having tweaked my equaliser, i've just replaced my £80 2.1 speakers with these as the sound is more 'cohesive', even if they lack the deep bass.

Pros:
+ The silence! A real problem with most low-cost powered speaker systems is the hum or hiss they make. This system makes no hiss or hum AT ALL. You really benefit from that if you sit close to them at a desk.
+ Output is limited, but its enough for playing games, internet radio, films and music if its plugged into a pc or tv. You hit the end of the amplification before the sound distorts.
+ Great sound stage - much better stereo sensation than my old 2.1 system that cost 4x as much.
+ For the money, and providing you have a decent equaliser on your device, they can deliver a good sound - competitive at the price, better than average for cheap desktop speakers.
+ VERY well made. I've moved them, packed them up and unpacked and, yes, dropped them (!), but they're undamaged.

Cons:
- Not the best speakers for music at this price. No deep bass; bass can be boomy unless you tweak the equaliser to kill the mid bass; mid-range is a little constrained; mid treble bit too brash (@8KHZ, so kill that frequency with your equaliser).
- The separate power supply (though small and it stays cool) means several wires - though at least you can tidy is up using the built-in cable storage on the back of the speakers.
- With MP3 players I've found the amplification isn't really enough: no distortion, but simply too quiet at max vol.

Verdict:
If you want good looking, compack speakers that sound good (at this price point) and are well made, these are a good choice. However, if you're prepared to sacrifice looks and compactness for the best sound, I'd recommend the Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0) Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0), also for around £20. Bought a pair of those for someone else and they sound more refined, 'bigger' and more natural - I was really surprised - but they're a little bulky and not so handsome.
0Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 December 2010
Not the loudest but give a surprisingly good sound for such a cheap speaker.
Very well constructed and look great to boot.

Well worth the money.
on 2 November 2012
These speakers are really fantastic value, i was blown away on how good the sound was! Highly recommend these Logitech speakers.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 August 2014
I purchased these for sound with a portable TV in my spare room and although they don't have deep bass they are adequate for watching TV and give out a good sound.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 March 2013
I have these speakers on my PC and when my son needed new ones I bought him these.

The only thing I don't like about them is when you plug earphones into them, as well as the speaker cutting out, the volume control cuts out as well.
on 3 January 2011
I bought these to supplement a cheap flat screen tv that had very poor tinny sound. They work great in this roll and sound so much better than the original tv's speakers. They also work well with music and have a nice bassy sound for their size and lack of sub - alot of speakers in this range and size are very trebley.

I have a pair of Logitech Z5500's, these speakers granddaddies, plugged into my PC and there is obviously no comparison but for under 15 quid these speakers are fantastic value - just don't expect party level volume.
on 29 December 2012
Bought these for my small Digihome HD TV that the sound was tinny - made a good improvement and well pleased with them for the price.