on 4 July 2014
works well, small, compact, great for travel.
on 10 August 2010
I did'nt have any great expectations for this shaver, I needed something small and light and with rechargable batteries, and at the price I thought why not..
Anyway I have been pleasantly suprised, the shaver works very well, the battery life is amazing, it's a no frills unit, no trimmers etc but I am very pleased with the purchase, great for a briefcase or for a quick tidy up before a meeting etc...
on 24 February 2013
The actual shave I got from this shaver was fine, though I'd say you'd have to use it every 2 days in order to avoid a painful shave - it doesn't operate well after 4 or 5 days growth.

This I can cope with, especially given that I paid so little for it, but it's the battery life that kills me. It needed charged immediately after the first shave, then again after each shave. Then, after a few more shaves, it didn't even complete a full shave before needing to go back on the charger (which takes forever by the way). After that, it simply didn't turn on. I've used it no more than 7 or 8 times.

Poor form Remington. For the price, I didn't expect anything revolutionary, but an element of reliability or durability surely has to be a minimum.
on 26 July 2010
I have had one of these before and am totally amazed on the quality of clean shave it provides. Would recommend Great value for money!
on 26 July 2012
I bought this shaver after reading some great reviews about it (and terrible reviews about a lot of other shavers I was considering). This gives a similar shave to my last electric shaver, which is impressive as that one was a more sophisticated Philips coolskin. Still, after reading the reviews it sounded like the Remington was going to be a miracle shaver. Alas, I still have what looks like around 24 hours of beard growth right after I've shaved, which I even get when I use a wet shave (I guess I just have weird hairs). The two tracks as opposed to three makes shaving take a considerably longer amount of time as well.

The other bad point about it is that it is 100% battery powered, even though it plugs directly into the mains. In other words, if you want 30 minutes shaving time you need to charge it for 16 hours beforehand, even if you have it plugged in when you're actually shaving. It's not a big issue but I didn't feel that it was explained well in the description I read prior to purchasing.

All in all though, it's still a brilliant shaver for the price. I haven't seen another out there with the same value for money.
on 18 June 2011
I should start reading the product description thoroughly before I buy because I thought this was battery operated rather than rechargeable and previous flirtations with rechargeables had me carrying the cable with me because usually, rechargeable means flt in ten minutes but, hey, this thing holds way more than enough charge for a long weekend so no probs there. It's tiny, smaller than the aftershave bottle, so it fits in the washbag a treat and it weighs nothing.

Like all electric shavers, this works best if you've got a day's stubble to deal and not just trimming up to meet the floozy but it deals with any length of stubble pretty well, a nice close shave. I don't have a particularly heavy beard so I don't know how it would be if you're one of those guys whose face turns navy blue by four in the afternoon but it works very well indeed for me. I work from home and sometimes I can't be arsed wet shaving in the shower if I'm not meeting clients but I can see this thing taking over, indeed it's the best electric shaver I've ever had - and the cheapest! And the quietest.
on 17 May 2013
This is a good, handy little shaver that is fine for everyday use. It fits in the hand well, and is quiet in operation. As might be expected, at this price you can hardly expect outstanding quality, and the R91 does not quite deliver the ultra-smooth finish that can be achieved by a razor and hot water. But for a quick, acceptable morning shave, and for a tidying-up job during the day, this product is extremely convenient. Moreover its small size and intelligent, compact design make it the ideal travel shaver. Recommended.
on 18 December 2012
Chose this as I travel a lot and need a lightweight razor for 2/3 days at a time, this was well reviewed and I have used rechargeable razors for many years.
First time I used it I cut my lip, got a rash where I was scraping for too long trying to get a close shave
Heads are virtually inflexible compared to my usual Phillips.

Still it was cheap, but you get what you pay for and I now need to buy a more expensive razor as I have absolutely no confidence in using this having tried it on 4 trips now
on 18 March 2010
I've used this shaver almost every day for three months.
It gives a good close shave and has dealt with 3 days of growth more than once.
As other reviews have said - don't push to hard, just let it glide.
The charge seems to last for weeks.
It is easy to clean with the brush that is included.
Revised Review
Still going strong after several years use. Okay it doesn't hold charge quite as well as it did and the blades are not as sharp as they were but all in all still great value for money...
22 Comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 January 2013
This great little shaver has given me a better shave than any other shaver I have ever used. I have been shaving with electric shavers for 61 years!!! My only criticism is that it only holds sufficient power per charge for 2 shaves or about 25 minutes. If you don't mind popping it on charge every other shave then you will be very glad you bought this shaver.