TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 July 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been cutting my own hair for over 20 years, and have used a range of different brands during that time. This is the first Remington I've ever used and is also the first cordless device I've ever used.
I was a little worried by the possibility of the battery running out halfway through the cut, but I went for it anyway, and in the event found that I had more than ample power to get the job done.
The device is small and light, and seems to charge up quite quickly -I left mine on for the recommended time to be absolutely sure. The combs are an easy and snug fit, though are a little but thinner and more flexible than others I have used, but not so much that it caused a problem. They did seem to cut a little shorter than I am used to, so it might be a good idea to start out with a slightly longer cut to make sure you are happy with the length. It does also have a length adjuster lever to make subtle changes in length as well as the comb size.
My hair is very thick, and it did struggle slightly on the heaviest areas, but I simply raised the blade a little and did it on two or three passes and it was fine.
The blades seem very sharp, and I experienced very little 'tugging' as I cut my hair (and I had allowed it to grow rather longer than usual to test out the cutter) and overall I was happy with the final haircut.
The little battery powered trimmer is also a nice device, and cuts sideburns neatly.
Overall I am very pleased with this device, and would be happy to recommend it.
22 Comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 8 September 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a regular clipper user, being a bit of a cheapskate I find it saves me a lot of money 'doing it myself'. I bought a phillips hair clipper set about two years ago, and my main problem was, as I like to grow my hair after each trim, the clippers could not cope with longer hair. These clippers are an excellent idea, loads of different attachments which are easily changed over, good instructions on how best to use them and, more importantly, the end results were great. I used the biggest attachment first (25mm I think) which brought my hair down to a manageable level, then changed to a shorter attachment (8mm) for an all over trim. Next I asked my better half to use the 3mm attachment on my neck to neaten things up. Unfortunately for me she ignored the instructions and cut a lage swathe from neck to crown at 3mm so I have a bit of a 'gangsta rapper' cut going on at the back. I must admit that once she heeded the instructions the results were great. All in all great clipper set, with a handy box that, once you have taken everything out is quite easy to refill without having bits left over that you can't fit in
on 21 March 2013
Purchased this mainly as a beard trimmer. Have used it a could of times and have found it to be excellent, with no bad points. I found it really confusing about which one to buy without paying a fortune, and picked this as a result of the reviews I had read. Cannot understand why there were a few bad ones as I could not find anything wrong. The hard plastic carrying case is really useful both to store it in and to take away with you when you travel.
on 11 September 2017
Item as described. Thank you.
on 12 December 2014
Great value set that actually works really well. Love the fact it is cordless. Powerful too. Sturdy. A great bit of kit that has saved a fortune in hair cuts and does the job a treat. Highly recommended.
on 1 October 2017
just what I wanted
on 21 November 2013
Have only used it 3 times so far and must say it cuts well without snagging. To early to say how durable the attachments are e.g. clipping them on and off but hopefully they'll be as good as the razor.
on 9 April 2017
Does a good job combs are really poor quality compared to my old mains lead one. Would recommend it really good cut
on 16 September 2017
Excellent trimmer, still going strong few years later.
on 15 June 2015
Arrived on time and is as described.
Thank you.