on 31 May 2017
What can i say, i've owned it now for 3 years and it's not broken which is good. Nearly all cat litter boxes seem to be made of cheap, poor quality plastic. I generally find the sides where you lock the hood to the base is where they break the most. I would never pick it up by the hand simply because the plastic is not strong enough to hold the weight of the cat litter and would likely end up dropping and going all over the place.

I have two cats, 1 x 8KG and 1 x 5KG. This hooded cat litter pan is alrite but not great for large cats. I've had XXL cat litter boxes in the past that were much larger but again flimsy plastic that break easy. The fact that it's still in one piece after 3 years is great so would recommend based on that, i would not recommend if you got a cat from approx 7KG+ in weight, my 8KG cat fits in fine but not much room for him to maneuver, not great when doing your business, he's a big cat with a big personality and digs like a JCB so will have to get a larger one soon.
on 12 February 2018
I have used this litter tray (my cat rather) for about 4 years.
It has held up fairly well, but now it is time to update for a new one.
My experience (or my cat's) with it has been good. It is quite spacious, and provides space to do your business. Control of odours is average, nothing groundbreaking, but I think it is mostly the job of the actual litter rather than the litter box. The flip door does the job, and shuts fine.
I had to design a small "grid" to protect the top filter, because Mandu (the cat) kept on biting it and pulling it out.
It if fairly easy to clean, but that "lip" in the lid (where you can attach a plastic bag when emptying the litter) is a bit of a pain, and I would personally like to see it gone, because it is not used that much, and provides potential extra "sharp" edges, and extra edges to clean.

The hood clips are a bit flimsy, and you have to be careful and gently when moving the tray by the handle (if litter is in it), so they don't unclip or even break. But I do not move the litter box around too much anyway.

If space is a feature you are after, then this is good.
But I decided to upgrade for the Purrshire Rattan Effect Cat Litter Pan, which I bought on sale for about the same price, and which seems as big, and looks nicer (to me)
on 29 August 2017
The best cat litter I have found! Having tried a few cat litters before I found this one, I had a big problem with all the litter on the floor. It doesn't do miracles because cats are all over the place and they still manage to take some litter particles out of the box when they get out of it, but it's less messy!!! Keeps the smell away as well!!! Both of my cats love it - it took a while to manage to get out using the small door, but they figured it out at the end.

It is very big, so it also suits an owner of 2 cats.
on 11 June 2017
We already have one of these in blue for our other cat but needed a second for our new rescue cat. It's great for keeping nasty smells at bay, and the hood keeps it all out of sight which is ideal. The only downside is that the sides of the base of the box aren't very strong so if you lift it, holding the sides when it's full, they do break. However, this is not the end of the world and the box still works, you just can't lift using the handle on the hood when it's full as the locking mechanism then doesn't work. Also, when looking at other boxes on the market they all seem to have the same problem. With our new box, we will make sure we lift holding the front and the back of the box when it's full.

We only received the base of the box in the original delivery, not the hood part. But Amazon sorted this straight away, sent a full replacement (base and hood) which arrived the next working day, and let us keep the original base so we have been able to swap our older broken one for a new one - happy days! Thanks Amazon!
on 10 December 2017
If you like your cats to look like they are in a war tank this is perfect. Haha, it's a great litter tray, sturdy, everything is great, it is quite large. I decided to go for it despite negative reviews and the thing has been a champion. My big fat cat sleeps on top of the thing sometimes so I know it's sturdy, I've fallen against it a couple of times (bad back) not an issue with the plastic at all!
Clips are strong from the lid to the base, I use very dense cat litter sand and it is HEAVY, and lifting the litter tray with that in it, it holds up just fine.
So don't worry, this is a very good litter tray, I'd much sooner buy this than an expensive tiny "branded" one.
on 8 February 2017
Amazon initially delivered just the bottom part of the pan which was quickly resolved after a conversation with customer services.

This is the fifth Catit litter tray that we have used and although we have tried other brands we always go back to Catit. Our cats are large Maine Coon's and these are perfect for them. There is a jumbo sized one, and we have one of those too but this size is more than sufficient.
on 5 February 2017
This is quite a good litter tray – I think it reduces the mess around the tray. It is higher than some of the other hooded litter trays, but two of my cats seem to like using it. The other won't go near it, probably because it looks too like my cat carrier for going to the vets. As others have noted, the door does not fit properly, but I don't use the door in any case – I leave open access. My biggest issue with this product is the quality of the plastic. The plastic used in the base is very thin and does not feel robust at all. I washed the base for the first time this week and noticed that my cats have made dents in the floor of the base, and the rim of the base cracked when I dismantled the hood from the base. I am very disappointed in that. I have many litter trays and they are all made of much sturdier plastic than this is.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 April 2017
I have a very energetic bengal and was a but concered that he may not like the following closed style of other makes, so closed this as i canary leave it half open and not have to clean up a tornado of litter every time. Would recommend to anyone who is unsure that about the fully closed versions.
on 5 June 2017
This is rubbish! Is a very bad quality, all flimsy plastic, not thick enough. The front flap gets stuck, scaring the hell of my cats. The sliding parts at the sides that should keep upper and lower part together won't work properly. The filter is the wrong size. DO NOT BUY! I had to keep it because I cannot wait another day without a litter tray, but I'd happily would have returned this if it wasn't an emergency.
on 27 December 2015
I've got 2 of these - bought one about 18 months ago and bought this one recently. My cats love it - it's the only tray type that they'll use. It's big enough to fit all sizes of cats - I've got Maine Coon's so large cats will love this. High ceiling on the tray, lots of floor space, curved edges for ease of sweeping litter for the cat, deep tray. Biggest bonus is this tray is the easiest to clean.

Only criticism I would make is that after a few months the clips to take the hood off suffer from a little wear and tear and don't clip in fully but it isn't a deal breaker for me. This will be the only tray I'll be buying from now on.