Size: 6.5 UK|Colour: Brown (Moth Brown)|Change

on 4 January 2015
I've bought these to go treking in the Amazon, after receiving, I'm not sure I want to ruin them.

As others have said, they come up small, I'm normally an 8, these are a very snug fit, to the point I've seriously considered sending back for a larger size. but the difference was in mm, not a size or even a half size.

I decided to risk it, and I've walked a few miles in them and there is a little stretch, they're now perfect.

I really like the design, its much better in hand than in pictures and I'm really impressed with the materials and construction. They feel rugged and solid. And unlike most sneakers and walking shoes, they have excellent arch support.

They are quite narrow and especially narrow around the toe, I have a narrow foot so its not too much of an issue for me, but those with wider feet might not get on with them.

They are very comfortable on the whole, but could do with more support at the ankles, you can easily twist on rough terrain.

All in all a very good product I would recommend.
on 5 July 2016
Initially these didn't fit as expected, the heel slipped inside them. Now that they are a bit worn in they seem to fit really well.
I still don't see why vibram soles are treated as if they are the ultimate grip - I can assure you if you walk into a building with a wet (tiled) floor, you will take a slide with these shoes on!
Sometimes they even slip on a wet concrete/Tarmac path...
on 8 June 2016
This is a great outdoor shoes, very comfortable and reliable. This is the second pair i bought and Merrell is the best. I can stay all day in it without any pain. If you looking to buy this shoes just go for it and you will not regret your choice. Rate this shoes 10/10.
on 2 March 2016
I normally wear merrell shoes and these are a great looking shoe but the fit is an issue hence 1 star, unwearable....not fit for purpose
I normally take a size 9 and have thin feet, however with merrells they are always a small fit and I always size up to a size 10 which normally fit fine.
These arrived on time however when I tried them I found them to be short on length cramping my toes, the width on the foot was tight (with thin socks on) however my heal felt loose, it was only the fact the foot was so tight that I didn't walk out of the shoe. Ordering a larger size would make the heal issue worse.
Come on Merrell get the fittings correct, even budget shoes can achieve this
Amazon provided exelent returns service, hats off to you guys.
on 1 July 2014
This is my second pair of these shoes and they are without a doubt the most comfortable and strong, long lasting walking shoes I have owned. It was difficult to find this model as there are newer versions available but I prefer these.
I would recommend these to anyone who enjoys walking but doesn't require ankle support. Delivery was within the given time scales given also
on 9 September 2014
As a frequent Camino walker I will look no further than my new Merrell's for next year's pilgrimage ,I love them. I am just a little concerned that the lacing holes are not as strong as they could be, as a result I am reluctant to tighten the laces to much in case I break the holes.
on 30 June 2014
Good quality product arrived on time the only thing is you need a size bigger I had to open the lace front to make it loose then the trainers fitted better would recommend the trainers but please if you order these make your order one size bigger than normal
on 12 August 2016
I bought these shoes to wear at work. They are extremely comfortable and look great. The first pair I received had a squeaky right sole so I requested a replacement pair which arrived next day and the faulty shoes were collected, all free of charge. I normally wear a size 9 however I had read the reviews regarding sizing and ordered a 9.5 and these fit perfectly. great all round shoes for the money and I would buy another pair.
on 30 November 2014
I own two pairs of Merrell walking shoes so this is my third pair which look very similar to my second pair. I have had that pair for over 10 years and they have served me tremendously but I am afraid that they have now reached the end of the road, hence my purchase of the Intercept shoes. I loved the design of the second pair and these new Intercept shoes are equally as good in as much as the design hasn't changed very much. Here's to many happy hours walking in them.
on 30 March 2014
I chose these trainers based on the many reviews I read on tha Amazon site.
I took the advice about chosing a size and a half larger than my usual size. This advice proved to be accurate.
They are extremely comfortable even on first wearing. They don't overheat my feet like some cheaper trainers have done.
Although these are twice the price that I have paid for trainers in the past the are certainly worth every penny.
I marked them down to 4 stars because of the sizing issue, but apart from that I can't fault them.