on 26 March 2018
Purchased this and the 5mm Taito at the same time (still waiting for that one to lay flat!)

Nice sized mat, idea for my needs. Feels good under my mouse (Logitech G502) and appears to offer both speed and control. I spent last night (26/03/2018) going through all my gaming mouse mats (11 in total including Logitech G240, Logitech G440, Corsair MM200, Corsair MM600, Razor Sphex, Roccat Sense + various others) playing BF1 (only FPS game I play) and have to say that this mat held up against them all (it's actually still on the desk and the mat I chose to use).

Not so sure about the logo in the bottom right hand section of the mat though as it appears to have been stuck on by heat transfer, which means that for all intent and purpose, that section of the mat is pretty much useless as not only is it quite rough, the mouse doesn't track so well. Shame about that little niggle, but in fairness, the other mats all appear to have the same effect - did it need to be so big though!!

I have a SteelSeries DEX on the way, so only time will tell whether or not that ousts this mat as the mat of choice, but so far so good.
on 31 May 2018
Used it nonstop/fulltime for 2-3 months along with a Zowie FK2 gaming mouse and a Zowie Camade mouse bungee.
The textile top haven't started to disintegrate at the bottom edge like with some other "noname" mousepads.

I started playing Overwatch (Blizzard's first person shooter) so ordered a few different mouse pads (different brands and sizes) including this one.
The other brands include Steelseries (which is also good but different) and some other "noname" pads that don't worth mentioning because of their immediately obvious quality issues.

The main differences between my Roccat Taito and Steelseries mausepads:
- My Taito pad is 3mm thick while the Steelseries is about 2mm which makes the Taito a little bit softer and I like that. Note that with a large mousepad the height of the mousepad doesn't really matter (usually your whole hand and wrist is on top of the mosuepad and not on the edge like with smaller pads) but it can affect the softness of the pad.
- The surface of the Taito pad is more like smooth synthetic textile which makes it more slippery and feel less like rough textile and I personally prefer that over the Steelseries surface which has provides more textile-like feeling and more resistance.
on 30 March 2018
Excellent product , just as good as my qck mat , love the 5mm mat cushions my heavy lift offs well.
Perfect tracking , a little texture to the surface which is reassuring if you like that sort of thing , which I do.
Tracks much better than my aging razer hard mouse mat .
As overpriced mouse mats go this is the best of the cheapest . You'd honestly be paying for a name if you bought anything else.
Both me and CS:GO love this mat combined with my Logitech mouse , I think I've found a sweet spot . ..
on 7 June 2015
Good quality large mouse mat. My optical mouse glides over it with ease reducing the build of RSI pain in my arm after long hours of use. I often go to other peoples desks to use a mouse and I am horrified by the amount of pressure or muscle power people have to use to move a mouse around. Use this and it feels like you pushing a feather. Strongly recommend for anybody with pain in their wrist/arm through sitting at a desk for long hours with a mouse and for those who are building up a problem they don't yet realise will hit them through bad mouse/moue mat ergonomics.
One person found this helpful
on 21 October 2016
Great mousepad. I was looking for something on the larger side as i like to have as much real estate as possible for my mouse. When i bought it larger mousepads were not as popular like now with these "larger than your desk" ones, which would not have prefered or used anyway. To the point though the mousepad is great, big enough to feel comfortable and nice looking with no overly large logos or graphics. The only downside for me is the thickness it has, as i would have prefered something thinner. It is only a minor annoyance though, not very noticeable and its just personal preference so it might be likeable to some people.
on 28 April 2016
The mat feels high quality, however the initial resistance is high, giving a sticky feeling on initial mouse movement. Once moving the resistance decreases a lot. This makes for an inconsistent feel when using it.

No grudge, just not for my liking.

I prefer qck over this and use the eXact mat speed for everyday.

Also for context, a generic £1 cloth mat feels more consistent than this one, with similar initial resistance with a smoother transition into glide, but with higher overall resistance however.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 February 2017
*DISCLAIMER* THE MOUSE IS A PERFECT WHITE COLOUR AS DISPLAYED, MY IMAGE WAS SHOT UNDER A SLIGHTLY YELLOW LIGHT, PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS MAKE YOU THINK THE MOUSE IS NOT WHITE! *DISCLAIMER*

The mousemat comes in a variety of designs and sizes, suitable for anyone. I went with the 3mm 'Mini-Size' mousemat and I do not regret it one bit.

I upgraded my keyboard, mouse and mousemat from a brilliant budget set by Redragon and honestly didn't expect the mousemat to be better than my previous one. However, it's small form factor and nicely printed logo in the corner makes this mousemat look great. It isn't just appealing to look at though, the mousemat works incredibly well with my KOVA mouse, also from ROCCAT.

With a variety of sizes and designs, I cannot see why this mousemat wouldn't be perfect for anyone.
review image
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 7 December 2017
I needed a smaller sized mouse mat as my previous one was taking up a bit too much space and this was perfect.

Nice style too, with a nice blue rim and my optical mouse responds well to it.

Only downside is it comes rolled up (saves space) however takes a bit of time to level out, even when manually handling it.
on 23 December 2015
I purchased this mouse mat on a recommendation from someone I know. The Mid-Size 5mm is huge compared to what I am used to, which is perfect for a gamer like myself. I still have not yet managed to use over half of this mouse mat but it still feels great having such a large area to use with a good quality mat. The design of the logo looks good and I prefer having that than having just a blank black mat. The thickness of this is great, making it feel like it will last for a long time. The base of it is nicely textured to stop it from slipping and the top is shiny for an ease of moving the mouse smoothly and effortlessly. This is quite a pricey mouse mat, being my first 'proper' mouse mat I am very impressed.

I would recommend this to a friend, however if you have a smaller desk, the mid-sized one may be too big and I really only use one sixth of it, so it's not really needed. It looks great on my desk though and it is nice to be able to have the space to use your mouse. Worth the money definitely! :)
on 4 October 2016
Perfect mouse mat. I bought the King Size [5mm] as an upgrade for the old Medium [3mm] I'd been using for a couple of years.
Tried out some other mats before hand but they just don't compare, I had to come back to the Roccat Taito.
The Medium [3mm] was fantastic, King Size [5mm] is 50mm in each direction of more fantastic, but I should have went with 3mm depth..