Price:£19.95+ £5.99 shipping

on 20 July 2016
Perfect thank you
on 3 May 2009
After years resisting buying a next gen console(thought they were a ripoff), I finally bit the bullet and bought a Xbox360 for £97 and SF4 for £26. I bought SF4 because a)I own Marvel vs Capcom2, Capcom vs SNK2, Streetfighter Alpha anthology, SF2 in all it's incarnations and b) I whip people on the SF4 arcade machine. While I'm no expert at SF4 I can hold my own. Imagine my horror when I did a quarter circle motion and i jumped. WTF??? The Xbox's standard pad just cannot stand up to inputs you need to be good at this game. Although I completed the game first try, the frustration of the unresponsive controls really annoyed me. When playing any SF incarnation on my PS2 I had no problems with the controls. Maybe it was just me, so I scoured the internet forums and lo, people had the same problem. The fix for this was to get a Madcatz gamepad (Out of stock) or a Madcatz arcade stick (£69.99). £69.99!!!????!! plus a £26 that's about the same price of my Xbox. Unfortunately you cannot fully enjoy this game without one.Apart from this problem the game very good and enjoyable. My advice is do not buy this game unless you (really) love Street Fighter, have an Arcade stick or got a PS3.
on 16 December 2009
I'm playing this right now, and have to give it a 1 star review, because although there are many good features in the game it is completely ruined by how difficult parts of the game are.
I bought this because i loved street fighter 2 on the super nintendo, because anyone could pick up a control and play and potentially win. This is the complete opposite, to be any good you have to give up half your life. the controls mean that you actually have to practice the correct movements, quater circle, z shape etc. for ages before you even manage to pull off the super/ultra combos. for example you may need to do 2 exact 90 degree rotations then press a button to pull of the best moves.
And the final boss on the arcade mode is ridiculous, not only is it a terrible looking charecter, but even on the 2 difficulty out of 5 difficulties it is too hard, i beat everyone on the way up to him without losing then it will take me 10-40 attempts to beat him.
My advice is buy soul calibur IV, so much more fun everyone involved and you don't risk smashing up your controls in a rage.
33 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2014
Good deal
on 21 May 2010
Please do not pay attention to reviews claiming that this is a good game - It is Awful. The fighting is wooden and in my opinion its just too basic, but more importantly the game is let down by poor online setup and THE MUSIC(if you can call it that)

After hearing that utter garbage "INDESTRUCTIBLE LA LA LA" which plays throughout for a couple of hours, I was ready to kill someone, however i satisfied myself by switching games and selling this one the next chance I got.

It is rubbish.

If you want a great fighting game, buy Soul Calibur 4, which in my opinion is the best fighting game on any console ever.
on 15 August 2011
I had never played Street Fighter before but was convinced by reviews. I really wish I hadn't. A dull, dull, dull game.
on 24 March 2009
What an amazing game. Anyone rating this lower than 3 stars needs to have a word with themselves.
on 21 November 2014