HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 February 2014
Whilst SD cards are getting cheaper by the day, the same cannot be said about CF ones. This is probably due to the ever increasing consumer electronics shifting towards SD and micro SD.

So finding the Kingston offering at a reasonable price was very much welcome. I have a Canon 7D which uses CF cards and, as with most photographers, I tend to shoot RAW which take up a considerable amount of space.

The performance of this Kingston card is quite respectable, and given the price I really cannot complain.

Bottom line:
If you need CF storage at a cheap price, than the Kingston will not disappoint.
19 people found this helpful
on 7 August 2015
I don't normally review items on here but this is something i think is important and if it saves one person the pain then its worth it!
I had bought two of these cards after herring good things about them..
Sadly I was mistaken, not only have both failed on first use straight out of the packaging, the 2nd one also has taken my 7D's PCB & card reader with them, according to the authorised repair centre.
I have after forking out a considerable amount of money got the images from one card, but the second is not playing ball and continues to refuse to give up the work on them.
Both the Data Recovery company and the camera repairer say to bin the cards or failing that, keep them away from the camera, but I suppose I could re-purpose them as wobbly table correctors as they are useless as data storage holder now!
Kingston are dragging there feet about refunding me for faulty items and they also don't seem to be interested in the additional costs their product failure has cost me!!

So Buyer Beware - You Have been warned!
on 6 December 2016
Bought this CF card to go into my old 30GB 5th Generation IPOD

When the Battery started to go I investigated my options and went for a complete upgrade with this device: [...]

They have a very useful compatibility chart that showed that this CF card had been found to work.

It really has brought my IPOD back to life with a bang, the speed at which it responds is so much fasted than the old drive that was in it plus the extra capacity
on 14 April 2017
Bought a second-hand Canon D400 and needed a memory card. This camera still uses CF cards rather than the majority of modern cameras that take SDHC cards. However, in use, just as capable as the SD cards I have in other cameras. You need a suitable multiple card reader to view and extract the photo files, although it is equally possible to use a cable between camera & PC, which is just as easy.
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 13 June 2015
I used this together with an IDE adapter to turn an old Mac Mini into a fast booting, virtually silent, media server (the OS is on the card, the actual media files are stored on an external drive).

Setup was easy, and the computer boots from the card without any issues at all. Previous reports of unreliability did cause me some concern, but I am pleased to report this this has been working well for a few months now and I've not run into any problems.
One person found this helpful
on 13 July 2013
I deliberated over what memory cards to get for weeks, i already had two the 8GB Sandisk 30mb ultras but the cost of the higher cap cards was exorbitant in comparison to this one.

I used one of these cards in a D3 this eve, shooting a carnival, a pop concert and a local gig, 1078 images and the the card never missed a beat. I hit my buffer once, which is around 17 RAW images and the camera flushed them in no time. I'm also, for the majority in burst mode rattling off 2-10 images at a time.

All in all, why pay more, over double in some cases, this card works just fine, get it!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

UPDATE: Have since shot a wedding with two of these cards in the D3 in backup mode, so both cards are written to simultaneously for redundancy. No issues with speed or performance, next step, buy the 32GB versions I should have bought in the first place.
on 23 April 2014
I have an old Powerbook Mac laptop that only has a 6gb hard drive.
It's fast running out of space and I wanted to increase available memory.
Mainly for transferring music that I convert from Wave format to mp3
The memory card has to hold both until I can bung it on my phone.
Even some of the tracks from iTunes are 160kbps which I later reduce to 128kbps.
All this takes up valuable space,man.
So my I gb CF card just couldn't cut it any more.
It was time for an upgrade.(the 1gb was an upgrade to my 64mb card)
Music,A,who needs it ?!
Now if only I could get a well paid job within easy walking distance,
instead of the 45 minutes bus journey.(plus the 15 min wait)
VINE VOICEon 24 May 2014
I bought this because of the capacity and price, its great value, but its not perfect. I was looking to use this with a D800, and for the first few shots it was fine, then I noticed that I had an "err" message on the camera, turned it off took the card out and tried again, all was well. When i got home I checked out the images and I had lost a couple, obviously this was when I had the error message. I have tried all the usual tricks since then, formatted in PC and in Camera but every so often the "err" message re-appears. I think that it may be struggling with the file sizes and transfer rate of the D800, I will try it in the D700 and see what happens.
on 16 August 2016
One star only for Amazon service. This was a replacement for an earlier faulty one. With the first one the camera kept telling me to remove and replace the card or format it. After doing this a couple of times I reverted to an older card without further problem. On return from holiday I was able to retrieve the few on the card, then contacted Amazon and a replacement was arranged. A few test shots and things seemed fine. However on the first day of proper use (though admittedly after a few more photos) I had the same problem. Unfortunately this time I was unable to retrieve the photos on the card. Once again Amazon were excellent though this time a refund was the best option. To be fair, my other two cards are both old and smaller but also by Kingston and have served me well over many years. My new camera is a Canon 7D mark 2.
on 11 May 2014
I've always trusted Kingston products, and am glad I chose them again with this purchase. Large, fast, and reliable - the three things I look for in a memory card, all delivered in abundance.

Good:
- Really high quality feel to packaging and the product
- Free carry case
- Haven't tested speed precisely but holds up at least as well as my other branded 266X cards and is VERY quick!
- Nice touch that the reverse is blank so I can label it with my name and contact details in case it gets misplaced.

Bad:
- N/A

Summary:
Would 100% buy again. Highly recommended - I now own several!