Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 April 2017
Ok, could be better, if you know one song on it that you like, you will like all the rest.
on 23 May 2017
good stuff
on 8 January 2014
There is some wonderful tracks on here and very few duds. Some of them should definitely have been hits and the mixture of genres is great. Well worth it.
on 10 January 2016
If you're new the world of 60s garage,psyche & freak beat music..
This cd is a great introduction into some of the genres.
There are a few classic and iconic tracks on here, and a couple I personally didn't like. But that's My opinion...You may love them.
on 8 August 2011
In my opinion, this album containing 30 samples of 'Psychagarage' as I call it can be addictive to the newcomer of late 60's rare underground music and even the avid collector. I first got into this type of music in the mid 70's, while listening to an LP (Renember These?) of the Pretty Things and I caught the bug becoming a Garageholic since then. Original garage music started around 1965 followed a year later with garage punk. Music trends appear to recycle every 15 years of retro rock bands who are influenced by a mixture of musicians from circa 1966-69. I would recommend this taster mix to rock fans who like the current scene, but curious enough to explore past music influences, that have helped shaped todays groups.
on 5 October 2015
excellent service value for money
on 25 July 2010
This is a 2008 product of ArfArf who are in their own words 'purveyors of 60's Garage/Psych,Outsider Music,and Radically Fresh Soundz'.In today's download stream-of-capitalism a sampler CD is its own relic.This one gives you,for less than a fiver,mostly USA 60's garage tracks(when the response to the British Invasion was starting to wierd up a little as it wandered towards psychedelia)by real 60's bands,which while not facing off '96 tears' or '7&7 is' mostly hold up well in this Nuggets niche.Also featured are generic offshoots of a band called Litter and
one 'Eric Lindgren'who delivers the 'old skool top 40 radio'catchiest track under the name Route 28.There's also some 'outsider' tracks,more Wierd Al then the mall clearing stripe of Larry Fischer or The Ledge.If you like this stuff it is good value for a good listen,and you may well want to get some of ArfArf's artist CD's for unlike many media purveyors (of corporate schlock)these guys are peddling good old home-made non-GM earfood.
on 6 August 2010
Nagged for a review so here it is - as with any such comp there is bit of dross there but also a few happy shiney diamonds that even Ms Campbell would recognise. Annoyingly bereft of any info at all about who, what, why the artistes are but now lent to my expert friend who will doubtless pore over various tomes to inform me that the drummer on track seven once made a pass at Kim Fowley (you try and prove me wrong!). Value for money without a doubt.
on 25 May 2009
Don't ask me to name any of the tracks on this sampler cd because I'm not an anorac and I can't remember the names of the artists on it, it's been some time since I played it. BUT I KNOW IT'S GOOD COS I SAY SO! It's at an easily affordable price so you've not got much to lose by sampling it.
66 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2011
I've just read the above three Reviews looking for a track list. I don't think I'm being an anorak for wanting to know who's on it! I'm giving it three stars even though I haven't heard it!
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse