Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 June 2017
great cd. good condition A+++
on 8 June 2015
PRETTY GOOD BUT NOT MINDBLOWING! Uplifting and moving as you would expect. Sure there are some really great tracks on here and I love them, but it all gets a bit samey for me at times. Yes it's a good standard, but I think it could have had more variety in some the tracks used. That's because I have heard so many great house mixes that I am being picky. Still worth buying yes, however it doesn't touch some amazing house music! I bought an A&B cd on Mixmag which was truly amazing and generally their work is very fresh, but if it was me I would have varied it a little more.
on 9 October 2008
To those who are already familiar with the Anjunabeats volumes of the past...this latest effort proves the standards are still high. With a glance at the track listings, you will no doubt see at least a few familiar tracks. For those unfamiliar with the Anjunabeats brand, this is simply a mix of hand-picked tracks from the Anjunabeats label by the bosses of the label, Above & Beyond. Once again we have 2 CD's, one showcasing the more house-sounding progressive music as released on their sub-label Anjunadeep, and the other primarily uplifting trance music, a sub-genre which the label is now renowned for pioneering.

CD1, aka the Anjunadeep disc, it has to be said is more mellow than it's other half. There are no real dancefloor destroyers on here, it is, however, filled with beats so catchy that you find yourself nodding your head along to them as you listen. I have recognised a few tracks from live DJ sets from the likes of Tiesto and Armin van Buuren, in particular Myon & Shane 54's 'Not A Lot Left' which seems to have really taken off.

CD2 will be more familier waters for many, me included, and is no disappointment. With names like Nitrous Oxide, The Thrillseekers and Oliver Smith making appearances, the quality is already almost assured. If you're a fan of uplifting trance, this really is as good as it gets. Particular highlights include Kandi & Neumann's 'Let Go', Adam Nickey's 'Slider' and Jinx and Smith's 'Sunrise'. And of course 3 tracks that have set dancefloors alight this year: Super8 & Tab's 'Elektra', The Thrillseekers' 'The Last Time' and OceanLab's 'Miracle'.

Overall it is another solid compilation release from the Anjunabeats label. To criticise this album I'd have to look at the mixing; it's difficult to put a finger on, but there is no real solidity or, dare I say it, 'passion' to it. In comparrison, with the likes of this years compilation releases from Tiesto and Armin van Buuren, you get the impression the DJ has not only selected the finest tunes, but carefully ordered and mixed them is such a way as to seamlessly connect the album to flow smoothly and ooze with all the passion the DJ has put into the mix. However, this lack of solidity is the only reason it misses out on a perfect review. With this release, Above & Beyond have made one thing clear; Anjunabeats is still setting the standards for other trance labels to follow.
on 3 June 2009
I am a true Above and Beyond fan - it's pretty much the only music I'll bother to buy because I know it will be good however I was a bit disappointed with the quality of CD2 of this set.

Anjunabeats 100 is faultless, you can listen to both CDs and never get bored but with Volume 6, I absolutely loved the first CD and some parts of the second CD but the last few tracks of the second CD feel waaaaay too much like that time of the night at Ministry where the music just becomes noisy and it doesn't seem to have any real substance - just hard stuff which is really hard to enjoy. Sure some people might like that stuff but not me so unfortunately the last half of CD is totally hit and miss... but buy it anyway - CD1 rocks!
on 28 January 2013
CD 1 is excellent, great prog tunes such as 'Meet Me In Montauk, 'My Personal Summer', 'Not A Lot Left' and 'Paper Jet'. Got a nice groove going through the whole of CD 1, not a lot else to say

CD 2 starts off well; These Shoulders is one of the best vocal tunes I've ever heard, which blends well into the superb "City Lights". "Sunrise" has a very catchy melody. "Shift" feels a little bloated, but does not hurt the overall mix. The last time is great too, although not quite as good as steve's other tune of "Waiting here for you". Elektra grows on you too. "Breaking Ties" is THE most emotional trance tune I've ever heard. However after that it starts going down hill; "Show Me" is ok, but not Nitrous Oxide's best work. Slider is just plain boring and has a generic melody, as does Let Go. "Cirrus" is ok, but oli has better tracks out there. "Delusion" is just plain cheesy and has an annoying vocal. Madness sounds completely out of place and is boring. Miracle is a gem in a minefield of mediocre uplifting trance.

Buy it for CD 1 and the first half of CD 2.

Overall 6.5/10
on 12 October 2008
I own three previous compilation albums from the anjunabeats label, two of which are mixed entirely by Above & Beyond (volumes 4 and 5) like this one. These were both excellent albums, but this one has surpassed them both and more, in my opinion.
Above & Beyond are firmly establishing themselves as the best in picking out quality trance music, but that's not all - much of cd01 is covered with tempting and intriguing house music, with a little bit of a trancey edge if you like. But unlike others who have tried and failed to incooporate house music into an otherwise generally trance album, A&B have chosen some sublime music from some of the best upcoming (and classic) artists. The album is indeed like a journey from house to trance, gradually getting more trancey the further you go.
Ironically, I think the most disappoining part of this compilation are the first few tracks on cd01. They lack that bite or passion of the rest in my opinion, and left me fearing that much of the housier numbers would be much the same. But I was left blown away by the rest of cd01, with the likes of the brilliant Jaytech, a great song from teenager Mat Zo and a truly gorgeous track from Andy Moor. There is a lot of dominant bass in these songs, but this doesn't kill the melodies of the tracks.
Then cd02 - classic trance city. I suppose the good thing about this is the selection of songs, compared to other recent albums (especially AvB ASoT 2008). And I believe A&B's mixing and editing has just got better and better over time, making both albums flow more coherently. CD02 has both melodic, uplifting and hard club trance, so you're in luck regardless of your preference.
I've bought several compilations over the years with house, progressive house and trance being the main focus of attention - this is certainly one of the best, if not the best. It makes all the other albums I have put '5 stars' for come down to 4.
An absolute necessity for lovers of trancey and housey electronic music. Let's hope Above & Beyond continue to keep such genre's well and truly alive.
on 10 March 2010
I have to say, I was drawn to the Anjunabeats series with some of the great reviews on here.

I was definately not disapointed!

CD1- Very mellow and chillout like, it has a couple of good tunes, but not really my sort if thing.

CD2- Now, this is a thriller and the best trance mix that I have heard in years. I placed it on my laptop and listened whilst I was unpacking the shopping and was astounded by the quality that hit my ears. There are some tracks on here that will remain stuck in my head for a very long time, my favourite being Sunrise by Boom Jinx.

If you are a fan of uplifting trance classics, this is highly recommended and I am going to sure be buying some more Anjunabeats!
on 15 January 2011
Anunabeats volume 6 - what an album !! As always Above & Beyond produce consistently brilliant trance compilations ( up to volume 8 currently ) and this is one of the best. You can't help but feel energised after listening to any of the Anjunabeats albums and I for one hope they continue to highlight the global talent there is within this genre of music. Take me to the dance floor fellas and plug me in !!!!!!!!
on 10 June 2009
this album took me a while to get into but once I got to know the tracks, I listened to it for weeks.

CD1 is quite mellow, it is a crossover between house and trance as only A&B know how to do. Incredible tracks by Jayteck and Oliver Smith.

CD2 is more main room trance with some awesome tracks by Adam Nickey (Shift) and the Thrilseekers (The Last Time).

A must have!
on 6 December 2008
I've been listening to this for the past month and i can't stop...all i can say is this ROCKS!!!! CD1 is great but CD2 is the one, it's fantastic, if your a trance fan YOU MUST BUY THIS. Fantastic mixing, fantatastic tunes, above and beyond and anjuabeats i love you and this is the icing on the cake, roll on 2009, tops!!!!