on 18 March 2013
I bought this specifically for a trip to Rome, and I barely took it off the camera the whole time I was there. The quality is outstanding - and some of the low light shots that I achieved were way above and beyond my technical capability to produce ! I'd thoroughly recommend this lens.
11 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 13 December 2016
An additional lens for my D5500 and it compliments the camera's functions, solidly built with a really quiet focusing motor it can be used fully wide open for landscape vista's or close down half way for interesting building and street views, with care in each of these scenario's I have not seen any interference from the lens into the shot like some reports have claimed. This is a well made fully glassed lens built to last I love it.
on 23 August 2015
The first Tamron lens I've bought and already impressed. Probably not as sharp as stuff costing nearly a grand, but for my purposes excellent. Also goes to 24mm, which in film or full frame terms is about 35mm, a useful not-too-wide angle.
on 3 March 2015
I've not really given this lens a good work out but from what I have seen so far from the shots I've taken I love this lens, this lens is for people who love to shot landscapes, you can shot indoors but you will find some barrel distortion and if you know how to correct this using software you should have no problems, so why the four stars ! well I feel it's still a little over priced.
on 2 August 2016
I really really like this lens, Some peripheral distortion but at a tolerable level. I will be using this lens a lot.
on 14 June 2014
Not exactly an everyday lens for me. Mainly bought it for taking interior shots and certainly fits the bill. Also worked nicely on a city break. Plenty sharp enough. Does mess about at times trying to focus, but no big deal. Overall, good value for money and unless there is a clear need for it, difficult to justify the added cost for the Nikon lens.
on 5 June 2017
Good lens
on 18 June 2015
This is a great lens. I got it due to needing to get some photos of equipment in the test labs where I work. Very good wide angle so I could get all the equipment into the picture to document the set up. Highly recommended.
on 17 September 2015
there IS some distortion (fisheye) at the wider lengths, but zoom it in a little (to 15mm) and much of it disappears, and the verticals seem better too!
on 16 July 2015
Excellent lens, I've shot many landscape shots with this. It is a must for photographers of all grades.