on 17 February 2016
It was exactly as advertised, great service - Thank you
on 29 July 2015
I was not told that the tablet did not have a camera. I bought it in order to SKYPE my family in Australia.
on 20 November 2014
Had to send this item back was in terrible condition
on 1 December 2014
Product is not good
on 21 February 2016
As described a very helpful seller
on 29 April 2013
When I received it, it took ages for the battery to charge up and after I had put all my information in, it suddenly wouldn't boot up.

Sent it back and the info was that it is booting up. So an iffy product. Thanks to Amazon I at least got my money back but not the postage.

Too Bad.
8 people found this helpful
on 10 July 2011
In answer to my own question:
1. Surfing the internet at the dinner table or watching TV.
2. Accessing email in the above locations.
3. Playing fun and distracting games in the above locations.
4. Interacting with social-media without losing touch with your family.

That's about it, but these are not to be underestimated. Rather than this being a bad review of the ipad, I'm actually a big fan. How many times have you been discussing some forthcoming purchase with your spouse, or a holiday you wish to go on, or a job that needs doing, and your first thoughts turn to research on the internet? The ipad is ideal for this without having to disappear upstairs for half the evening. It lets you maintain relations with your family yet still use the web and respond to emails. The games are great fun, and many have a big educational value to young children. As a teacher, I use mine with pupils learning phonics, learning to form letters correctly, learning spatial awareness, number bonds, the list goes on. There are educational apps for almost anything you want to learn about, and hardly anything keeps their attention more than a multi-media app on a touch screen.
The one let-down that remains even with the ipad 2, is the lack of Flash capability which renders some websites totally unusable. This is a great shame and as far as I'm concerned, is its greatest down-fall.
In conclusion, I will remain an ipad user, and for me personally, the second version doesn't offer anything I want. But I think Apple have created the holy grail of new inventions, i.e. to create a need from a product, rather than to create a product to fulfil a need.
7 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 March 2012
This is basically the worlds most expensive toy. And you must remember that - it is just a toy. IT IS NOT A COMPUTER!

I bought this so I could sit and muck about on the net in front of the TV in my living room and relegate my laptop to my studio, and for that it is perfect.

It is astonishingly slim, and as with all Apple products, beautifully designed and the touch screen works really well and is responsive. You can use special 'moves' - like pinching the screen - to whizz back to the home page and navigate around as well as tapping in details.

Everything on it works as it should, but you can't really do that much with it - as I say - it's not a computer. It's basically a large iphone. In fact, you can even make calls from it with the right app installed; and its apps which form the basis of this thing...

I suppose to say the ipad is limited is a little unfair, as you can pretty much do anything with it... with the right app installed. So you're only limited by the apps you can find. A lot of the apps are a bit gimmicky, but there are ones of real use I've found such as ones for ebay, Amazon, a TV guide and on-line apps for my bank and energy supplier (so I can give readings, transfer fund and pay bills).

Worth the money? Yes and no. I wouldn't be without mine though and I've only had it a week - I'm a total luddite too and hate computers and technology, but I get along OK with this. My mum has one too and even she loves it as its just so intuitive to use. Now she actually enjoys getting emails and surfing the net... she didn't before, and when you think about it that is pretty amazing: The ipad makes the technology accessible and fun to use for everyone.

It has it's drawbacks though; rather annoyingly you can't 'upload' MP3s (though you can picture files with the addition of a special kit) but you can download them via icloud, along with lots of other fun and useful items in the form of apps from the App store. Then (again with the addition of more expensive extras, like airport express) you can stream your music files to you HiFi or AV receiver, and play them over your home speakers.

Overall - another triumph for Apple. RIP Steve Jobs, lets hope your company keeps creating wonderful products like this now that you're not at its helm. The ipad will be revolutionary... but it's not quite there yet. If you have the patience, it might be worth waiting for the ipad3. I wanted to and probably should have, but lacked the self control. Maybe you'll do better.

1 more bad point: Doesn't support Flash.

1 more good point: Face to face, real person support at the Genius bar, when you buy it from the Apple store. You can't put a price on that.

UPDATE:
I've had my ipad2 for about 3 months now, and I have to say, it's become and integral part of my everyday life. My computer is now redundant and I use this item every day, with out fail. This is the future, and the future's bright, the future's Apple. A truly revolutionary piece of technology that does what all technology should: improve you life by making it better and easier.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 January 2014
I took on my son's Ipad 1 32GB Wi-fi, which he was about to throw away, as he has a later model.
I spent £40 on a new motherboard and it works perfectly, charges well, and retains its charge.
The latest tweak to IOS 5.1.1, issued in 2012 in response to criticisms that the earlier releases were causing apps to crash, and excessive battery use, works well, although some of the apps in the Store now require IOS 6.0 or above. Some people have blamed Apple for this, but the Apps suppliers could have retained versions for earlier releases of IOS, as a few have done.
However, I have been able to load BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, Sky Go , Tune in (which allows access to hundreds if not thousands of radio stations in UK and globally) and BBC News and the Sport app, so I have all that I need as email and Safari (access to internet) work perfectly.
I hope to get a year or 2 out of it, and recommend the Ipad 1 to any one who does not need all the latest gizmos and does not want to pay £300+.
As for a sensible price to pay, I should have thought that £150 (or £100 in early 2015) should be the top price for a model in as new condition.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 January 2011
Got this the other day, was pondering about getting it for months. Glad I did. Is so handy for surfing the web and reading on. Very well made and slick screen, easy to use. I download the Wyse Pocketcloud App for free which lets you access and control your windows PC at home through the Wi-Fi. You can then do all the things on the iPad anywhere in your home like a laptop, obviously your PC has to be switched on all the time and using Wi-Fi connection. This is useful if your out and about and near a Wi-Fi hotspot and you can then access your PC remotely, usefull app. If people realised this is not meant to be a replacemnt for your main PC or laptop then it would not recieve such negative reviews in my opinion. All the Youtube vidoes work and play very well and look great on the screen. Photo's also look great on the screan to. The sound is good and clear and goes quite loud. Battery lasts a long time and it doesn't make a sound or get hot like laptops do. Highly recommended for folks who don't want a overcomplicated and confusing laptop. Looses one star because it is overpriced compared to a Laptop of the same price.
4 people found this helpful