VINE VOICEon 18 February 2009
Brilliant little MP3 player. Bought mine to take with me into Hospital and didn't regret it.
Easy to Download the itunes and load up with all my music from my laptop. Pressed the Autofil button and it loaded everything on and I mean everything, even the sound files from the video editing programn I have. So recovering from an anaesthetic I suddenly heard my Daughters voice! Threw me a bit but was a nice suprize when I realised I wasn't hallucinating!
I have the 1 gb version and it holds just over 230 songs and lasted a 2 day hospital stay playing almost non stop, so battery life is pretty good too. The sound quality was amazing.

THE TECHNICAL BIT

In the neat little box it comes in is the mp3 player, a set of white basic ipod headphones (without in line volume control, but you dont really need it) and a charging doc with USB connection to charge and load on the computer. The ipod turns upside down and the headphone jack slips over a jack on the charger, an orange light flashes and you wait about 4 hours to fully charge, I also downloaded the itunes and installed them on while it was charging, then you can access your music files, it takes a bit of time to convert them but you have 4 hours to kill so doesnt matter (probably going to find out now it should be charged first but mine works ok)
When it is fully charged the light glows green and you press eject on the itunes page and disconnect. Plug in the headphones and off you go!
The white dial is simple vol up and down are the top and bottom of the dial and skip and go back are the right and left of the dial, press the middle to pause and play. Off button and shuffle buttons are on the bottom of the little unit and are a bit fiddly (not recommended for long nails or when hooked up to an intravenous drip!)
Its ok, you can wake up now, I have finished this epic review!
on 19 May 2009
A great way of breaking the boredom when jogging. Holds over 200 tracks, so more than enough to keep you entertained when out for an hour. Shuffle mode is a boon (so you hear a different selection each time).
on 12 May 2009
I was an "I dont need an ipod" till I got this little beauty. Its easy to use and much more adaptable than the old mp3 players. The sound with the earpieces is great and its great to use in the gym-the clip is a fab idea... The battery seems to last and last. Oh and you can buy a pink speaker which is the same colour for very little money off Amazon. Definitely a good introduction to the ipod range.
on 8 May 2009
I had put off buying an I-pod for such a long time, not wanting to join the masses! But I gave in when I knew I was going on a journey and would need my music with me, and my son, who had already downloaded ITunes, advised me to just 'go for it'.

The iPod is cute and holds plenty of songs for me. The only bugbear I have is that ITunes does interfere with the other software on my PC and I'm not sure that I trust it totally. There are times I can't get it to work, but it's been okay for putting my CD's onto my iPod.

The best thing about the I-Pod is the clip, which is really handy when I'm walking, and the colour... I'm such a girl!
on 1 February 2009
Bought this for my 5 year old daughter. She loves it. Very easy to use. Ideal for her age - would like one myself.
on 27 March 2009
the ipod suffle is great as its clear sound and very light and portable. the ear phones as normal dont fit in you ears for very long though. all in all though worth purchasing
on 9 February 2009
This was a Christmas gift which I have seen often in use and it really does stand out being hot pink. Won't be able to be lost easily in bag or room whatever.
on 22 April 2009
great little ipod...use it all the time.Easy to clip to a pocket . Sounds good too. Excellent value...bought two more as gifts
on 5 February 2009
So tiny, yet with big sound, perfect for taking to the gym ! very pleased
on 28 September 2009
I bought this as a birthday present for my 8 year old. It is a perfect grown up present without too much of the cost. Easy to use and stores loads of music and audio books. Delivered so quickly again from Amazon.