Top positive review
38 people found this helpful
resist the frustration and enjoy
on 30 November 2008
i have now finished the game and played both the 8 player co op and multiplayer mode. so time to list what was good and what was bad for me:
1. expansive maps - ive gotta say the levels are quite expansive, not so much in room to move around but more distance to end objective.
2. variety of weapons - there is the collection of the old weapons plus some new one's such as the marksman, magnum, wraith and even the rossmore has went through a model change.The marksman is of course my favourite gun though.
3. multiplayer is fast - really fast paced and very enjoyable, no lag even on the 60 player mode. abosuletly brilliant. you can also pick which weapon you want from the start. instead of having to pick them up as you go along.
4. 8 player co op!! - this has got to be the most enjoyable thing i have played in years. its really funny taking on 50+ on screen enemies with 7 other people, beware the enemies are much stronger.plus there is a EXP system in place so you can level up to unlock new guns etc.
5. challenging AI - this seems to be a standard for FPS games, the enemy has on occassion killed me from behind by knocking me out cold with a kick to the head.
1. ally AI - it is appualing, they will ignore enemies and leave you to attack every single on screen chimera that moves, plus it isnt nice fighting two titans on your own.
2. 8 player co op - there is only one problem with this, this is that you cant sign in the other profile on your playstation. LBP had this where for any level you could sign in the other account, with resistance 2 you cant. instead it creates a copy of your profile name and treats it as a guest. shame really.
3. story mode ending - i was warned by reviewers that it was abrupt, and indeed it was. trust me it just ends very abruptly leaving questions for the next game. well i guess we will just have to wait.
final score 8/10 - looses two points for a conviluted story and changing nathan hails voice actor. first one was better.
but of course this review wont be helpful, why is that you ask. well because no one points out the bad parts ;)