on 12 April 2017
Really interesting examination of a child's response to the trauma of divorce. A love story and an examination of depression. The twist relates to the examination of God and religion. A tv journalist examines fraudulent claims of miracles. The characters are well drawn and believable.
on 22 May 2016
Jodi Piccoult is not afraid of controversy and I admire that about her. This storyline had so many twists and turns, it captured me from the very beginning right up till the end. I also liked that there were only a handful of main characters so the storyline was extremely easy to follow. The main character is a little girl, Faith who says that God is talking to her. It helps to remain open minded on all levels concerning this issue. Until the end I didn't know if Faith was hearing God or , it depends on your perspective but a very good ending to the story. It left me thinking alot, wishing it could go on. I don't want to give the storyline away but I will say that this is a MUST READ. Well worth the money. It doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are, it just gives you "possibilities".
on 23 August 2017
The first Jodi Picoult book that I haven't enjoyed. I only got to 22% but had had enough of God when Faith "raised her granmother from the dead".
on 17 December 2014
Spellbinding. This book makes you think and have great empathy for a person who has to go through all the trauma and wonder of what happened to Mariah and Faith. A very sensitive plan which keeps you wanting to read and read. Thoroughly enjoyable and a story which I will remember for a long time. Some books are like this. I will read it again at a later date. Jodi Picoult has the ability to touch your heart, mind and conscience.
on 12 March 2017
It took a chapter or 2 to get into the book but once I did I couldn't put it down! I really enjoyed it but I thought the end was a bit abrupt!
on 1 October 2009
Firstly,let me nail my colours firmly to the mast: I am a big fan of Jodi Picoult,having read a number of her novels now.I read Keeping Faith in two days,and by the time we got to the court hearing (and no,I don't get bored by Picoult's inevitable legal proceedings) I was firmly rooting for Mariah White to win custody of Faith.I like the way Mariah matured from a woman who you wanted to take by the shoulders and shake,into one who finally stood up for herself and her child.
I also liked the character of Millie,Mariah's mother,a gutsy woman,typical Jewish Momma who only wants to protect her child.I think that ultimately Mariah got the strength to fight her ex-husband Colin from Millie.
You do have to bear with the author as far as the 'miracles' are concerned - the raising of Millie from the dead,the curing of the Aids baby,the brief period when the autistic Michael Fletcher became lucid,and of course,Faith's stigmata.Some people might scoff at these,others may be irritated,and others may accept them easily.I have to confess (no pun intended) that I was half hoping for a rational explanation at the end of the novel,which didn't come,but,hey,I can live with that.
I found that even after I had turned the last page I was still asking questions - which I think is often Picoult's aim in her novels.Rivetting,emotional,controversial...Keeping Faith is another winner by one of my very favourite authors and I do highly recommend it.
on 15 February 2018
Good points: Arrived on time.
Bad point: condition was not “very good” - front cover page badly creased; food stuff (?) stuck to a page.
on 24 April 2014
I have read loads of Jodie Picoult books, but had a rest for at least a year. I then spotted this book and decided it looked interesting, so ordered it. Once I started, I really did find it hard to put it down. I was hooked and wanted to find out how it was going to end. I admit, I was slightly disappointed by the ending but have leant it to a friend who is romping through it, so we should be able to have a good discussion about it soon!
on 26 March 2017
In the opening pages I thought it was about religion and I nearly did not bother reading the rest . I am now Glad I continues as it was a thought provoking book raising !more questions then answers
on 13 April 2014
What a topic, wow! Couldn't put this book down even woke up in the middle of the night to finish it. Great characters, which jumped off the pages. Very visual scenes and thought provoking twists and turns. No rushed ending, which makes a very pleasant change. I would like a sequel to this story, as I believe the characters have further places to go.
Excellent, would recommend to all.