Customer reviews

Platform: PlayStation2|Edition: Song Pack 1|Change
Price:£1.65 - £19.99

VINE VOICEon 16 January 2009
First of all, Amazon have got the track listing wrong for Rock Band Song Pack, so let me give you the right details:

- 30 Seconds To Mars - The Kill
- All-American Rejects - Move Along
- Blink 182 - All The Small Things
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
- Faith No More - We Care A Lot
- Greatful Dead - Truckin'
- The Hives - Die, All Right!
- Kiss - Calling Dr Love
- Smashing Pumpkins - Siva
- Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
- Weezer - Buddy Holly
- Wolfmother - Joker And The Theif

You'll be glad to know they're all unlocked from the start, so all you have to do is get them right to move to the different acts. I found this disappointing as I enjoy unlocking goodies. People who have the full kit will be happy to know they can sing and drum along too, as well as playing bass and lead guitars. The presentation seems more minimal than Rock Band, but it's still the same old fun.

I found it was very easy on the bottom level, and even on normal it was easier than Guitar Hero - I was hoping MTV Games and EA would make this song pack harder. I guess 20 tracks for £15 isn't the worst thing, but still, it's not great.

I like the way it gives you trivia between tracks when loading, but I really think the game should have been more difficult, I completed it on easy within an hour. I guess a good thing is you DO NOT need Rock Band to play this, and my Kramer guitar from Guitar Hero 3 is perfect with this.

Really think they could have made a better effort with this. Really gets me annoyed when they use the same songs as Guitar Hero too.

Only for the big fans.
review image
on 8 October 2008
Amazon gives a track listing for this Song Pack, but the track listing is actually for the original Rock Band [solus] game. This Song Pack consists of ONLY TWENTY [20] SONGS. So while it's very good fun, it won't last very long. I'm no demon on these kind of games, but even I managed to get 100% on my first try of the first song on Medium - this, and the original Rock Band game, are a touch easier than the Guitar Hero series, which I see as a flaw in Rock Band.

For £15, I don't have much to complain about; although the original Rock Band has 47 tracks for £25. Never mind, it's fun for a few hours!
on 9 October 2008
From the over review i saw on this page, the only reason why Rock Band is much easier than Guitar Hero is because in Rock Band, you concentrate on one playing style, as in if you choose Base, you will only play the base sections and and so on with the Drums and Guitar.
The only reason Guitar Hero is harder is because it uses base and guitar at the same time so you will never get a break.
Lets put it this way. If your up for a challenge, get GH, but i think that GH: World Tour is turning in the same direction as Rock Band. But if your up for some frantic multiplayer value with your mates, Rock Band is the way to go. Crack open a few beers and the fun will never end, sticks flying about, head banging, jumping in the air, the fun just wont stop lool