Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 4 November 1999
Simply one of the most beatiful cds I've ever heard. Kind of gipsy and melancholic songs, but very consistent, and with songs that make us want to sing.
on 20 May 2003
This album is simply beautiful. The girl's voice is pure and emotional and the music is wonderfully evocative. This cd has been played and replayed by me and copied by almost everyone who's heard it - from straight-down-the-line rockers to disco-bunnies. It seems to have something which appeals to everyone, a mark of greatness.
on 17 May 2007
La Llorona is one of those CDs that somehow you reach for night after night.If you, like me, enjoyed the Frida (Khalo) film soundtrack, Lila Downs "La Linea",this is a must have. If you haven't heard the others then buy all three. Excellent.
on 19 February 2013
This album contains some of the most breathtaking songs ever recorded ('De Cara A La Pared', 'El Desierto', 'El Payande'. 'Por Eso Me Quedo') mixed in with some hugely unconvincing klezmer/gypsy songs that leave me wondering where all the diamonds on the album came from. Doesn't matter, this is one of the impressive works I have ever heard. Having listened to it now a hundred times and more, every single time I still feel I am looking all the way down into the Well of Souls. Handle with care.
on 17 March 2008
... what a beautiful voice; dark, emotional, evocative, chocolatey, husky, smooth, intimate, powerful ... it's all of these and much much more. The best I've heard in a long long time. Highly recommended for reasons that others have given. 10/10
on 10 August 2012
This album is fantastic - an absolute classic. Great songs, great vocals and great percussion.But it will not play on my computer's CD-Rom. Or rather it will play but sounds as if it is being listened to through a very crackly paper bag. Plays fine on my hi-fi and in my car . All my other CDs play fine on the computer. I am guessing there is some weird copy protection on it. Very annoying as I listen to music a lot when working on the PC and I have bought the damn thing!
on 6 August 2013
I was introduced to Lhasa's music by a friend of mine and I adore this album. It's soaring and soothing; great as background music with friends or just lazing about in the evening by an open fire with a glass of fruity red wine.
on 10 February 2010
Llasa was such a great singer. It has shame she's passed away!! Her Mexican heritage gives a special taste to her music and her way of singing was simply pure feelings in music. We'll miss u Llhasa
on 4 July 2011
Heard her on Womans Hour, I think, when I was living and working in France, bought her second and then this one. They can't be judged against each other in my view because they seem so different so each must be listened to and assessed upon their own merit. It's a real shame that she has died so young I think that we would have had some superb work from her as she matured and evolved.
on 16 February 2006
If you don't find this record interesting, lively, melodic, rhythmic and sumptuously wonderful; then you may possibly be dead. Or have a really unforgiving prejudice against music with non-English lyrics. Or be one of those really annoying people who complain: "that sort of thing makes me want to slit my wrists". What do they want "I should be so lucky, lucky ,lucky, lucky"?!