Price:£23.00+ £3.49 shipping

This is an absolute classic, up there with a Wheelybug and Lego for brilliant toys that YOU SHOULD HAVE! Endless entertainment, and no mess! You get a big fabric sheet to draw on, with colourful alphabet surround, plus 2 pens to fill with tapwater. Ours also came with some stencils which were completely ignored by the children.

Both my 19 month old daughter and 6 year old son love this, and play happily together. We take it on all trips, as it folds up into my handbag or baby changing bag, and has been used under restaurant tables, in hospital waiting rooms, and practically everywhere else. You can use it on the fussiest granny's carpet - 'cause it's only water!! genius!

I's also recommedn a selection of the mini-mats. Much more limited play value - you're really just 'revealing' the hidden picture rather than being creative - but a worthwhile addition to anyone's child-entertainment collection especially for trips out to restaurants etc.

I personally think the Classic mat is better than the Thomas and Disney Princess versions; they immediately limit the interest and come with easily-broken and rather gimmicky accessories.
22 Comments| 299 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 27 February 2017
Have to admit that even I play with this when my niece is not looking. It is super fun! There is no worry about spilling paint or making a mess because this is a magic mat. Water is all it needs, simple H2O. Using the pen which is supplied you can draw and scribble and paint till your little heart's content, well until it needs a refill. Then as it dries the drawing fades away, ready for you to start all over again. Bright fun pictures around the edges help with letter and number learning, and are great for copying basic writing strokes Its portable so can be taken to grandparents home or on holiday with you. The Large mat folds easily for carrying. I think its the best invention EVER! My niece loves it and so do I.

Measurements: 75 x 75 cm

Only negative - The fold creases in the mat.

Thanks for reading :-)
on 11 December 2013
I don't write reviews very often but I felt I needed to for this item. The photo is very misleading - the kids pictures in product photo must be photoshopped in a manner to portray them as tiny as they are. Yes I know what you're thinking, product dimensions are described in the product details. And I'm sure they are but, when your searching for a particular product, you see it, and buy it. Well when we opened in we all said at the time "What? Is that it?".....Beware people, it's very small. Disapointed. That said - my 2 year old seems very happy and I'm sure she'll play with it for years to come, providing she doesn't grow!
on 3 May 2017
Good for the little people and as it uses water there is no colour damage to furnishings.
on 21 April 2015
ive had this for a few years now and my kids still love it, its been through the washing machine a few times aswell and still works fine although I doubt this is recommended by the manufacturer
on 27 February 2016
Love this! Daughter loves to draw on it she does like to put the pen in her mouth as well but it's ok due to it being just water
on 3 January 2015
Got this for my niece and nephew for Xmas. They love it, my niece got stroppy when she couldn't draw on the sofa so it works well!
on 21 August 2015
great fun with no mess, my 18 month old loves it as she is obsessed with drawing
on 17 January 2015
Bought as a Christmas Present for my nephew and he loves it, we keep it at our house for when he visits and every week its one of the first things he likes to get out.
on 29 July 2013
What a relief! A drawing mat that leaves no mess, no pictures on the table or books or walls and mummy and daddy can play too.