on 14 September 2015
Sometimes simple is best, and having used the Nikon remote control version of the shutter release for a couple of years I bought this MC-DC2 wired version. I have to say I do prefer it. The remote version can be a bit flaky and does not always fire all the time however with this cable straight into the camera works perfectly each time on both my Nikons - so a big thumbs up for this :)
One person found this helpful
on 12 December 2014
Ordered this and it came very quickly. Just choose the correct one to suit your camera model. Simply push plug into the socket on your camera, place it on a tripod and then away you go. I particularly like the lock switch which allows you to hold the shutter open for a long time exposure without having to hold the button down. Just flick the switch upwards to close the shutter. I have an infared transmitter as well but this is far more accurate and the lead is long enough to stand away from the camera. Great piece of kit no more camera shake on photos!
on 3 September 2013
Bought as a present so this review isn't going to be very technical (not much of a photographer myself) - recipient very pleased with this remote . He was using the remote button zapper but was frustrated because a) you have to be in front of camera to use it and b) you have to put the camera on a 'remote' setting which stopped him using some other settings. With the Nikon MC-DC2 remote cord he can sit comfortably using the viewfinder & take pictures using the setting he wants. Like other reviewers I feel I should mention the cord length (1 metre) - it could be longer. Went for Nikon rather than one of the cheaper options because it was a gift for a Nikon camera user.
on 26 April 2018
not a good remote. you have to keep taking photos with it because if you leave it, say 10 minutes, it will not work. for the money I think this is very poor.
on 11 May 2011
A really useful tool to your camera kit. Though nowhere mentioned in the product description, it works well with Nikon D3100. Really useful when taking pictures at low light.
25 people found this helpful
on 6 July 2016
Great piece of kit. I was previously using third party remote cord but always had issues with it not connecting correctly into the port on my camera (it always felt loose and 99% of the time wouldn't trigger the shutter on the camera). With the official Nikon cord I have had zero issues, and the cord fits perfectly into the port. Also, it's so much smaller than I expected which makes it easy to pack away.

Buy a genuine cord. If you buy cheap, you might just damage the port on your expensive camera...
on 19 April 2016
i forgot all about this review as i received my remote and just started using it straight away, i just plugged it in and away i went no problem, three years on and it is still going as new, it has traveled with me all over the world and has minimal to no marks on it, it is made of tough stuff.
on 11 April 2018
Works fine. I grew up with mechanical cable releases and don't trust the wireless remotes, so this does the job. Also enables T as well as B settings.
on 27 May 2014
It's the proper item, grossly overpriced but perfect, so that doesn't matter. Will fit your probably overpriced camera body too with a hitch. Some others might damage it for instance. Your either a perfectionist or masochist if you buy this. But better than being the complete cheapskate idiot who bought one of the others. (i.e. formerly me for instance). I saw the light.
on 3 December 2014
Does what it's supposed to. Basic, but solid. The cable could be longer, but otherwise, no complaints. It costs a little more than third party equivalents, but it's not outrageously expensive- sometimes it's nice to have "the real deal".

Edit: It's worth mentioning that this works fine with a D7100 too- which isn't made clear everywhere.