on 22 June 2018
"Court and Spark" from 1974 is one of Mitchell's most successful albums; both artistically and commercially. She continues her move away from the folk genre that she started from and she is here very wide in her musical expression. A jazzy and slightly funky approach is quite predominant.
The album contains one of Mitchell's biggest single hits with the almost Steely Dan’ish "Help Me". A great and refined recording. Also the almost pure rock'n roll "Raised on Robbery" was a minor hit.
Other fine songs include the title track, which might lead the mind to Mitchell's English counterpart in the 1970s; Sandy Denny.
Among the more jazzy songs are my favorites "Car on a Hill", "Just Like This Train" and "Trouble Child".
Classic Mitchell is "Free Man in Paris", where she vocally is supported by David Crosby and Graham Nash.
The end song "Twisted" sounds like something that might have suited Georgie Fame perfectly
on 8 February 2018
I was aware of Joni Mitchell back in the 70s but was more into Yes and Genesis and The Stones etc. I'm not impressed with the state of music in the present day so I'm catching up with older, quality sounds,
One person found this helpful
on 19 June 2018
The product arrived within the estimated time, the CD was fine but he jewel case had to be replaced so not Very Good but okay for its age.
The import stuff was fine.
on 15 August 2017
Filling a gap in my collection, memories of borrowing my sisters LP's thirty years ago!
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 12 June 2015
Absolutely great album. I have had the CD from Amazon for years. It wasn't available on digital as well when I bought the CD. Getting it to my devices was easier than it ever has been for me this time for some reason. It has usually been really difficult.
on 19 November 2017
One of my favourite vinyl discs now I have it on CD.joni Mitchell at her best
on 18 February 2016
As the incredible woman sings herself "You can't please 'em all, there's always somebody calling you down." But I haven't a bad word to say about her astounding musical talent.
on 13 May 2017
A very gentle and polite album from Joni Mitchell..
on 20 February 2018
Great album!
on 10 April 2016
My original Album, background to my life way back was owned, played and played but went a wall - this restored lost memories. Wonderful songs by an amazingly inventive , creative woman. Hope you get better soon, Joni.