Customer reviews

on 31 January 2012
I spent a fair amount of time listening to the available alternatives, and thank goodness I chose this recording. My criteria was a good quality recording, with clear crisp sounds. I wanted to be able to pick up all the nuances of the music, rather than have a muffled wall of sound, that can so often be the result in the dies irae. Superb recording.
on 17 February 2014
I wanted an mp3 version to play on my pc as I work, and must admit I did go for the cheapest - now I know why it was cheap! Every now and then the cd "jumps" or "sticks". It is a poor recording. Sorry!
on 11 June 2010
This is great! I love Mozart but would hardly describe myself as knowledgeable and indeed my knowledge of his Requiem in D minor amounted to a cut down version of around 11 minutes which appears to be the standard available in most mediums (i.e. Amadeus Soundtrack, Youtube et al) a sort of "highlights" of Mozart which is an horrendous thought!!!! Needless to say I am thrilled to discover that there are indeed a further 40 odd minutes to discover! Eureka! Thoroughly delighted and this is a fab recording! I really don't care that Sussmayer had a hand in this, it's beautiful and he deserves credit for his contribution anyway in my opinion! Enjoy!
on 14 May 2013
This is a very competent if a little overly powerful rendition of Mozart's unfinished Requiem but having said that I enjoyed it and is very good value, you may like it more this is just my opinion.
on 23 March 2015
Just as hoped for.
on 24 December 2012
having recently traveled to Vienna and seeing an octet of stringed instruments playing Mozart I had to add to my
CD collection .