Customer reviews

Style: Thermocafe Stainless|Change
Price:£19.98 - £40.41

on 2 November 2013
After reading all of the reviews i was sure that this product was for me but was a little concerned as to whether it would hold the temperature which some were saying it didn't. At a great price compared to other suppliers, and it being Thermos i was willing to risk it. I'm so satisfied with this product. Soup heated at 8.30am is still HOT at 1pm. The outside doesn't get remotely hot which just shows how effective the insulation is. The lid does get warm which is where i'm guessing the majority of the heat is lost. As you get further and further down the flask the hotter the food is. I quite often cant eat all of my lunch from it in one go because the bottom is still so hot. In the mornings i simply fill it with boiling water and replace the lid whilst I make my lunch. The boling water ensures that the flask is hot when you add your meal to it. I then re-use this water by making my coffee in my drinking flask. This process seems to work well and ensures my food is still edible at lunch. Its also really easy to clean! I would highly recommend!
on 11 January 2015
Product does not keep food hot til lunchtime - I put soup in @ 7.00am having 'preheated' flask beforehand with boiled water. I have to eat soup @ 10.00am (if I were to leave it til dinner it would be lukewarm). I bought this product based on the flasks and mugs (which are great for coffee/tea). Bit disappointed really.
on 28 January 2017
Gutted as I had left a similar one whilst visiting family, replaced it with a branded more expensive one which was useless. This is just as good as my original one, I put my porridge in it at 9.30 pm and take it to work with me, it's still super hot at 7.30 - 8am still too hot at the bottom but hot enough at the top. I've used it for soups, pasta and casseroles - all still hot. I do heat it first and it's yet to fail me. May have to buy another just in case !
on 28 April 2016
Fantastic product and it holds a good amount of food. This is the first time I have bought anything like this so I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but one tip is to fill this with very hot water, put the lid on, shake it, empty it and then fill with hot food. If you don't warm the inside of the container first, it cools your food as soon as you put it in and your food won't be hot. Also make sure you put the lid on tight to keep warmth in.

I heat the food in the morning, put it in the container and it's still warm/hot at lunch time.
on 11 January 2014
This is a great product for taking along home made soups with you and in REALLY does work. I tried using flasks but (apart from the steel slimline Thermos one 500mls) I find the coloured plastic (usually blue) thermos flasks do not keep things as hot as I would like for the stated 6 or 8 hours, depending on which you have, so I didn't want to use it for soups. This DOES work well though. I use it in the same manner as I would a flask: fill it up with boiling water from a kettle at least half an hour before I want to fill it up. Then empty water and immediately fill it up with soup. Close and go. It's great for chunky soups as well as it has a wide opening and so you could use a proper soup spoon if you wanted to. Easy enough to clean. Hasn't spilled out on me yet. Would recommended it.
on 19 October 2015
This keeps food fairly hot, but certainly not piping hot as it was when it went in 5 hours earlier. For me the biggest issue is the fact that the hot food almost seems to generate a vacuum effect, and this makes the lid quite difficult to remove. My advise if you are a little arthritic, or have a week grip would be to look for another product.
on 15 August 2013
I've just eaten my lunch from this flask and would agree with some of the other reviews in that it doesn't keep the food as warm as I would like. Although the instructions in the flask don't say anything about needing to warm the flask with boiling water before you fill it with food, I did so anyway, having had food flasks before. I left the boiling water in the flask for about 10 minutes whilst I was cooking my kitchari, to give the flask time to heat up. I didn't waste any time in pouring the food in, after pouring the water out, and tightly screwed the lid on immediately.

I filled it at 7.30am and ate it at 1.30pm so after 6 hours I wasn't expecting the food to be 'piping' hot but would have liked it to be much warmer than it was. We do have a microwave in the office but the whole point of me buying a food flask was to avoid killing all the nutrients in my kitchari by microwaving it!

The size & design of the flask are perfect and as this is the first time I've used it I can't comment on how long it will last or ease of washing etc. However, there is no point in having a fancy design if it doesn't do the job properly.

If you want a decent flask that will keep food very warm/hot I would recommend spending more money.
on 28 November 2013
After looking at the more expensive Thermos and this one which is £9 cheaper, I opted for this one and I am so pleased with it!

I bought it for my son to take to school for his lunch. He has mainly soup but also pasta bolognaise and some other solid foods and he says it is always warm, even hot at times. The first day he used it, his soup was still warm after 12 hours of being in the thermos so I was surprised as some reviews said the opposite! I just put boiling water for 15 minutes and then pour the food straight away and shut it.

The only problems I have with it is that first, the lid can be difficult to open when the boiling water or hot food is in it as it does a ventouse effect and it does require quite some strength sometimes. It doesn't do that all the time though and it can be a fault from my thermos. The second problem is that the inside of the lid can be tricky to wash well if you don't have a diswasher but apart from that it is a very good buy if you want to have warm food in it!
on 30 June 2015
Well I used this for a few months (but not all the time). Positives: fits a fair amount in it, doesn't leak. Cons: I found (& often do with flasks) it's hard to clean them so well that you can't smell what ever you have eaten/ drunk from it. It doesn't keep food boiling hot, but I will admit I didn't always boil water and put it in it for 15 minutes before filling it with the food. I found it difficult to eat out of too, as it is straight rather than with a wider top, so it's hard to angle your spoon or fork to get food out easily. It's also rather wide and chunky in your bag. Basically it wasn't right for me, maybe for someoe else.
on 1 December 2013
Sadly I have missed the 30 day deadline to return this product. Foolishly I bought this in advance of the cold weather. I tested it with boiling water and it kept it hot but I have tried soup in it and it didn't work. Five hours later the soup was stone cold. Obviously you can't boil soup or you ruin the flavour. I felt sure it was going to work because the brand is usually really good and I read loads of positive reviews on here. My advice to people is not to waste your money on this and to be mindful of the 30 day returns policy.