on 4 June 2018
First greatest hits collection by Madonna. Covers all of her hits from the beginning of her career back at '83 through her early 90s work with the sensational one of the best tracks ever created in my opinion - Vogue. 2 more greatest hits collections were released later in Madonna's career, covering her later 90s work and 2000s work as well, but this collection is indeed immaculate and a must have in any music lover's collection for sure.
on 26 February 2017
The Music Magpie always delivers and gives those of us that work long hard hours with little left over for ourselves a chance to revisit some old faves at the cost of £0.19 + £1.26 p+p.

This is a good solid Madge compiliation for those drives back and forth to do the long hours. It has everything you need from Material Girl to Rescue Me and the cd works as the Magpie always clearly states the condition. So you know you are taking a punt for a few sheckles!

Ironically living in Dorset you see many Magpies on route down the country lanes and i salute them all! It's good luck too apparently.
on 16 January 2015
Still the best

Back in the day you didn't see many female artistes have as long consistent longevity as Madge. These days the charts are littered with female performers but you do wonder whether they will be around in 2 years let alone 30 years plus.

This particular album showcases her early material from the 1980s to early 1990s. you do forget just how much sounds this lady had put out. It has all the classics Like a Virgin, Borderline, Lucky star, into the groove and Justify my love to name but a few.

A worthy purchase from the Queen of Pop.
on 19 December 2014
I like and respect Madonna. This collection has a good amount of 80's discoteque feel and vibe, and is well crafted. The main complaint I have is that, despite the songs that topped the charts in their time and that I already knew (like probably everybody), I didn't discover enough unknown gems to warmheartedly recommend this album to everyone. And the second complaint is that "Who's that girl", which should be one of the above mentioned mandatory listens, is completely forgotten in this collection in favour of far less remarkable recordings. Hence the only 3 stars.
on 27 April 2013
THIS IS SIMPLY THE BEST COLLECTION EVER!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE IN THE WORLD SHOULD OWN A COPY.

IT HAS THE GREATEST SONGS OF THE 80'S AND EARLY 90'S ON IT INCLUDING:

- VOGUE
- LIKE A VIRGIN
- LIKE A PRAYER
- PAPA DON'T PREACH
-HOLIDAY
-JUSTIFY MY LOVE

YOU COULD LIST ALL 17

DESCRIBED AS THE BEST AMERICAN ALBUM OF ALL TIME! AND IS THE BESTSELLING COMPILATION BY ANY SOLO ARTIST

IF YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW MADONNA GET THIS ALBUM BECAUSE IT ONLY HAS THE BEST OF THE BEST ON SO YOU CAN NOT BE DISAPPOINTED,
on 3 October 2013
I hated this woman in the 1980s as she represented everything i hate about kiddie pop. After 1990 things improved somewhat and what we have here is a set of her greatest hits that have been remastered from the originals ever so slightly which i feel is a great improvement. Her early stuff is still kiddie pop in my opinion but her later stuff on this compilation justifies the price. I bought my copy second hand for £1.26 including postage.
on 13 August 2014
I love this greatest hits album not one song on this album is a skip able song!!! I love the mixes of Express Yourself,Like A Prayer,Holiday,Into The Groove,La Isla Bonita,Open Your Heart and Vogue still all remain classic pop songs Justify My Love and Rescue me really show the way her next album was going to be like (Erotica)!!

Also get this with the DVD for classic pop videos!
on 16 November 2017
Superb album of all her absolute classics! My kids love to sing along. I think all her best work is on here... rather than the newer stuff she has done. A good buy
on 2 October 2017
Great album had this on tape When younger now my little girls love it too great buy at a good price
on 11 February 2017
Obviously the music is great if you like Madonna (I was replacing my vinyl). Annoyingly the CD case was broken though which was a shame.