on 17 June 2009
Whilst driving home from walking the dogs one morning I heard this played and decided I needed to be able to listen to it whenever I wanted to so rushed to the computer and downloaded it post haste. It creates the most amazingly haunting atmosphere when hearing it. Absolutely wonderful.
This is one of those songs which I have always loved but somehow never got around to buying. Hearing it again recently I determined to buy it. One of the best things about an MP3 player is being able to buy a single song like this, particularly an older song. This is a fabulous song, full of deep felt emotion, a real song for lovers. This is a song that will never date - a genuine classic.
on 23 February 2014
This song is sung perfectly and a must for all true romantics.
I have heard many versions of this song, but none can touch the heart strings as well as this.
My wife always has her hankie ready when she listens to this song and we have been married for 41 years.
on 28 April 2012
It's not possible, in my opinion, to get any better than this. Spent my childhood warbling along to it and thought I could sing it. I couldn't and this is the standard to aspire to.
on 7 March 2014
often imitated never reproduced, no one has ever been able to reproduce the sound of Ms Flack an absolute classic
on 26 February 2013
My wife passed away last April and I just had to have this record as it was her favourite song ever, it was played, among others at her funeral and I thank god that I found it on Amazon. Can I say more.
on 18 June 2016
I've heard several versions of this song and whilst I really like Steven Houghton's version, none of them come close to Roberta Flack's version, which is simply breathtaking.
on 4 January 2013
Fabulous- Sent shivers up me! Better than my original (no needle!) 3 verses (my recording only has 2. The only time I heard all 3 was with the film "Play Misty for Me)
on 6 March 2014
I heard this song on an advert, what a beautiful tune, downloaded it via amazon and received the cloud app to store and play it on, thanks amazon.
on 28 May 2013
Heard this song sung with so many artists but this was one of the best. I wan't to buy more of her music. Will be checking the MP3 downloads.