on 22 June 2007
The Wreckers is a band like no other. It is a collabaration between country singer Jessica Harp and alternative pop sensation Michelle Branch. I've been a fan of Michelle Branch ever since I heard 'Goodbye to you' on 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' and 'Charmed'. I noticed this band when I went on Michelle's web-site and it redirected me to the website of said band. I was instantly awe-struck by the background music of 'Leave the Pieces' and found myself visiting the web-site just to listen to the song. Therefore, knowing I couldn't just keep coming on-line to listen to a song, I decided to purchase their album from amazon.co.uk. I have never been more happy with a purchase. The album is flawless! It's interplay of Jessica's country and Michelle's pop makes an extremely well-rounded, inspiring, emotion-wrenching, heartfelt piece of art. It has a song for whatever mood you are in at the time; even if you don't particularly like country music, this will not disappoint you. The album's first track is 'Leave the pieces', which I previously stated stays in your head dangling on your heart-string when you so sorely need a boost of inspiration in your everyday routine. This song also did very well in the American charts and along with 'The Good kind' made the wreckers ever more famous in their home country. Said song is also extremely emotional, but oddly in an up-beat way. It's very hard to explain, but the Wreckers give you a sense of accomplishment like no other before them. They are both exceptional musicians. In between Jessica's more solo track 'Tennesse' and Michelle's solo track 'Rain', you feel an array of memories, imaginative sub-text, incredulous sorrow and up-beat irony (not necessarily in that order). It really makes you feel alive in a vast majority. Even at the end track 'Crazy People', which is a song for anyone scorned by love in any way, you are wanting the CD to keep playing and playing. You will never get enough and keep wishing for more, which I know is always a good feeling. Therefore, if you want your senses pricked, shaken, or stirred, this is the album that will open you up to a new generation of music and maybe even change your attitude of the world to a certain degree. I hope you enjoy this masterpiece as I have.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 June 2016
I love Michelle branch solo albums which are more rock than this but since getting into country music I have looked for other similar bands and I got to say both great singers and this album is excellent every track hello if there is no standout track every single one is good if you like country music similar to Lady antebellum then you'll like this
on 29 April 2006
So the album isn't out for another month but I already know it's going to be THE album of the year and a must have record for everybody. I've only heard 4 songs by The Wreckers so far and they are:

I'm Feelin' You (Santana song featuring The Wreckers as vocals)

Lay Me Down

The Good Kind

Leave The Pieces

All 4 of these songs are nothing short of spectacular. I've already got this pre-ordered and can't wait for the day it's released and will land upon my doorstep. The Wreckers are Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp both teamed us as a double act. They're the hottest new act this year and are destined for big big things.
on 27 July 2006
For me the album of the year so far. Michelle Branch & Jessica Harp were already accomplished musicians long before they teamed up for this spectacular CD. Great songs and superb backing musicians. If you like country music then you'll love this. And if you don't, still give it a listen as I think you'll like it.
on 24 May 2006
Ive been eagerly awaiting this album for a long long time now.. i received an e mail telling me i could hear the album on www.cmt.com so i headed straight over there and i was amazed at what i heard.

Highlights - Tenesse - leave the peices - cigarettes - lay me down - stand still, look pretty

There is only one song on this record im not so pleased with and thats My oh my.. its a little too countryfied for me but i dont mind it that much

definatly recommend this cd!
on 28 June 2009
I'm really upset these guys haven't released anything in the last few years. This album is amazing. I only bought it because I love Michelle Branch who sang Everywhere The Spirit Room and for the band the Wreckers who appeared in One Tree Hill Season 2One Tree Hill - Season 2 [DVD] she joined with Jessica Harp. They did an amazing performance on OTH and so I bought the album. I was a bit put off when on the amazon download page is said 'Genre: Country'! I don't like country music!! But this guys rock....so much that they performed with Kelly Clarkson (search in YouTube). They write, play and sing their own music and their live performances are amazing, but until they tour the UK, there's always this CD. Buy it, I guarantee you will LOVE it!!
on 1 July 2006
Never really write reviews, but I had to give a special mention to this CD. It is amazing. Every song is breathtaking.

And if you're wondering what is on the DVD, it is the video for 'Leave the Pieces' and then the making of the video.

BUY THIS!!
on 16 January 2006
This is your mind talking: BUY THIS ALBUM BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUUUUUUUUUYYY!!
Your mind said it, not me.
But yeah honestly if you like Michelle Branch, Jessica Harp or country music or rock music or a weird mix of country and rock or just music in general or basically if you HAVE EARS you will love this album because quite frankly what is not to love? Pretty pretty girls with pretty guitars, BANJOS, A PATTY GRIFFIN COVER and did I mention pretty girls? Gosh just trust me it's fabulous. You'll love it.
BUY IT! :-)
on 21 December 2007
This is an amazing album, i am in aawe of it, i cannot stop listening to it, even this long after it's release. Every song is different and fabulous in it's own way so below is a brief summary of my favourite tracks:

Leave The Pieces: A song to listen to when a relationship is failing, a rocky edge to it and Branch & Harp really blend well.

Good Kind: My favourite line "do you want to run away together? I would say it was your best line ever, too bad i fell for it" Amazing song.

Cigarettes: Harp takes the lead and shows she should not be disregarded as 'just a back up singer'. This song is fabulous and melancholy.

Lay Me Down: Can't explain why i love it i just do, i think it is my overall favourite song.

Rain: Branch takes the lead here and it reminds you why she is also an amazing solo artist, not to be missed.

Crazy People: A definate highlight, the girls have gone all Johnny Cash Murder style but with obvious humour. It is hilarious and you know they had fun, giggles lead out the track. One to skip to.

This album is all good and i would recommend it to anyone who is interested. The Wreckers are tuneful, humorous, harmonious and not to afraid to say what they feel. Just listen to tracks such as Stand Still, Look Pretty and One More Girl which state they are more than 'just one more ass that got stuffed in some jeans'. Love it!
on 21 February 2010
Being a big fan of Michelle Branch's solo work, I was eager to hear her work in The Wreckers.

At first I was a little put off by the country feel to these songs having loved Michelle's pop rock style songs (and never really being a big country fan anyway). But after the quick initial impression: I LOVE this album! Yes, it's country, but it's gentle, easy country. The lyrics are deep and meaningful. And it's still Michelle (let's not forget Jessica Harp too).

I love this album so much, I have started to teach myself to play the guitar! I've almost perfected "Stand Still, Look Pretty".

I would recommend this album to all Michelle Branch fans. And anybody really. It's good, tasteful, quality music, which in the current music world is hard to attain.

Buy it. Hear it. Love it.