on 28 December 2008
this is just great, for the money it is spot on as a present - cheap enough for my 10 year old to get into shooting clips on holiday etc... thanks to the SD card memory, the battery lasts for ages - and the quality is great outdoors and more than good enough inside..

recommended
22 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2009
i bought three of these for xmas and all recipients thought they were great (8,18,24). They are very small (fit in a pocket/bag easily)and light and feel a bit tacky, but believe me they work a treat, well worth the money I paid for them.
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 February 2011
I bought this smart little camcorder after my kids had been bought one each as Christmas presents. I was very impressed with its capabilities, given its price!
great for capturing clips when out and about, battery life has been good and I think the overall quality of the finished recording is good too.
We have watched clips straight to TV through the AV cable, or edited stuff with windows moviemaker.
A 2GB SD-card gives about 35mins of video when camera is set on its best quality/highest resolution.
In my opinion this is a great little camcorder for the money.
on 11 November 2008
Was a bit weary as hadn't seen a review for it but I bought it anyway for my daughter for Xmas. Its small and compact. Easy to use and not bad picture quality for its price. Happy with purchase.
on 13 July 2010
So My 7yr old loves making videos on my Iphone so I decided to buy her a video camera. I choose this camera mainly due to the price. And guess what you get what you pay for. The quality is not HD but my daughter loves it. she continually fills up the 2gb flash I put in it and never complains about the quality of the video or that there is no sound on the camera. To be honest I think Mustek should rectify this as I could see it being annoying for some. Reading other reviews I've got to say some people are never happy. If you want a high quality video camera guess what you have to pay for it. This camera is a great starter for a child who just likes to make short videos with her friends.
on 16 January 2010
i really dont know why anyone would seroiusly want to complain about this camcorder i think its great. battries that came with it are still workin after me using it quite a bit. it was easy to set up and use. picture quality was ok. i couldnt have asked for more. especially at such a cheap price.
on 10 January 2009
Purchased this as my first camcorder, i have next to no expirience with taking moving pictures although good with cameras. I find the picture quality very good and i find no technical issues.
The only thing i will say is that it is very light, ideal for travel, however it makes it difficault to keep the image steady without resting or using a tripod. otherwise a very good buy.
on 29 January 2009
Didn't think it would be much for the money, but it turned out surprisingly good. Wanted to take to Thailand on our Christmas holiday, and it did what I wanted. Battery life is a bit short, so have spares available. Only used for movies, as have a 10m pixel camera with me as well, so cannot comment on the still side of it. Very small, so pocketable, easy to use, cheap to buy, what more can you want for £45 (or so ).
on 30 January 2009
having purchased this camera for my daughter as a xmas present i wasnt expecting top notch quality. However, I was appalled to discover that it had to be plugged into a pc to hear any sound ........ what a waste of space ! The whole idea of such a product is for children to make a quick video and then watch/listen to it.

I was also disappointed that the description given on Amazon failed to point out that the unit itself had no sound playback facility.

However, as usual, Amazon were very quick to handle my refund so cant complain on that score and would use them again.
on 16 September 2011
This is brilliant value! The video quality is good and the pictures are quite good quality too - the sound quality is very good. My only meh is that the night-time filming outside isn't very good - the lights on the front don't make a massive difference to the images going in the camera and the images I took outside in the evening don't really show up, which is a bit of a shame. So if you want to film outside at night, please check you have loads of lighting around. It wouldn't stop me buying this camera and I'm really pleased with it. It also comes with a range of other features, like sepia, black and white etc, so you can have fun with what you film. Really good and I'd definately recommend it. Not a cheap waste of money!