on 17 October 2001
After hearing the singles and a reccomendation from a friend i went and bought this album. Most nu-meatl albums i've listened to the tracks are never as good as the singles, but this album all the tracks are amazing you are blown away by them. They all ahve great lyrics especially "In The End" and "Forgotton" compared to other nu metal bands who just swear. When you listen to it, not just one or two tracks stay in your head, they all do. It starts with "papercut" - a very catchy fast track then goes onto "one step closer" a heavey track which is exellent. then goes on to "with you" which has some amazing singing and is one of the best tracks on the album. "crawling" which appears later on the album is another example of great singing. "In The End" is truly the greatest song on the album it has everything - great singing, catchy chorus, heavey beat and some on the decks. "Forgotton" is one of the heavey true nu-meatl tracks. Then there is "Cure For The Itch" which shows the band's dj's talents. Overall truly amazing album. i don't suggest this i say it is essential.
on 15 June 2004
Following the release of their second single ( 'Crawling' ) I was motivated to buy this album . The first single had put me off somewhat by the rapping element - I'm not a fan of that music form . Having bought the album , it became a firm favourite , and I still return to it now . The lead vocals are excellent and varied in style . The rapping element is an integral part to the bands sound , and without it I feel the bands sound would be redundant . The musicians produce a colourful tapestry of sounds , and all are without doubt technically gifted . All in all , I felt that the mix of styles was a breaath of fresh air in a genre that can sometimes sound stagnant .
Favourite songs - 'Papercut' and 'In The End' .
Recommended .
on 26 October 2001
Hybrid theory by Linkin Park offers Hip-hop sounds mixed with rock and electronica, making their sound truly unique. Hybrid theory is the best phrase to describe their music, it's a blend of all the members different styles. " In the End" and "pushing me away" have to be 2 of the best tracks on the album. Look out for "cure the itch" it's not a song in the sense it hasn't got any singing. It is basically techno beats with bass, electronica, and a catchy piano tune, it's truly amazing. Linkin park's brilliant music will stay around for generations. If you haven't moshed your way down to your local record shop, buy it! here! now! on amazon. Hybrid Theory is an essential to any CD collection.
on 2 July 2004
Woah. This is an awesome album. Well worth 5 stars and more! The true rocking stlyle of this album is superb! The album starts out with papercut, a truely awesome song especially the harmonising bit in the middle. One step closer, what can I say? A hit single, dont need to say much more thatn that really. With you, one of the best mixes of Mr. Hahn ever and proves that not only is he the coolest but the best in the world at what he does, no joking! Points of authority is still great but I must admit had me a little disappointed for some reason. Crawling... I feel no more needs to be said! Runaway, had me reaching for the repeat button after I played it and still does now. By Myself, awesome shouting Chester! In the end... I also feel no more needs to be said! A place for my head, a great song, a true masterpiece. Forgotten, similar to papercut but still very different just as awesome and great! A cure for the itch, Mr Hahn shows us how good he can be in this piece of skill! Pushing me away, a fitting way to the end the album, extremely good. Buy it, buy Reanimation, buy Meteora and if you have any money left, buy live in texas. Infact why are you reading this review? Dont take my word for it listen to all the sane people who gave this 5 stars! Infact, dont take their word for it, go and buy it, you wont regret it!
on 2 February 2002
This album is amazing! When I first got it for chrismas 2001 I only liked Points of Authority and In The End. Now I often (EVERY NIGHT!) listen to the whole album. My personal faves are Points of Authority, Pushing me away, Track 03, and Forgotten. The vocals are simply stunning and the turntables are fantastic and the rap-influenced verses are really thought provoking. The album is NOT parental advisory. This is far and away the best album anyone who is a fan of the band MUST I repeat Must get this. If possible it should have 10 stars.
on 24 January 2002
What more can I say? This album has been in my CD player for the last four months and I still appreciate the lyrics everytime i hear them. With songs like Crawling, In The End and Pushing Me Away, you can't go wrong! Its not just the fact that there is no swearing (so I can comfortably play the CD in front of my mum) or the fact that the soft singing and crazy screaming actually blend, its the fact that the songs don't bore you like most other CDs do. I think anyone who slags it off as commercial or boring has a very bad hearing problem. Wish it was longer though but hey we can't all be perfect. Linkin Park rock!
on 27 September 2001
As a growing fan of rock and rap, I knew I had to get this album. It only took the release of Linkin Park's debut single 'One Step Closer' to convince me to buy the album. There are only two other albums that I have ever felt so close to and delighted to listen to before and they were Eminem and Dr Dre albums. Of all the songs on the albums, as with any musical album you get, some songs signifcantly stand out more than others. For me, 'In The End', 'One Step Closer', 'By Myself' and 'Cure For The Itch' are the most enticing tracks for eminently different reasons. 'One Step Closer' is a favourite with me, because of the sheer attitude of it, 'Cure For The Itch' because of the strange change of music type and the quirky electronic beats and tempos, 'By Myself' because it seems like an angrier tune than others and finally 'In The End' because when I hear it, it sounds like an upbeat tune delivering a message of hope. (At least in my head!) This album is one of the best buys I've had at Amazon...
on 28 April 2003
Linkin' Park manage to produce something genuinely different with their sound - a mesh of heavy guitar, with alternating rap and melody over the top. Sounding at a pinch like Rage Against the Machine, this is forceful music, and yet accessible. The most distinctive influences can be heard on "Pushing me away" which resembles the Megadeth of "So far, so good, so what?", and "In the end" which mirrors Eminem, but comparisons are unfair when this band have created a unique space for themselves.
More impressively, their aggression is conveyed without the need for swearing (language can be abusive without profanity!) and although not profound, lyrics like "This is the last smile that I'll fake for the sake of being with you" go a little deeper than the usual heavy metal boy bands and give the album more lasting appeal.
Overall, while not one of the most outstanding albums around, it is a reliable and enjoyable choice, which withstands multiple plays.
on 21 February 2002
After hearing 'Crawling' a few times i thought i'd buy the album to see what it was all about, well it has been the best buy ever! Before this i was only really into house and trance music, but listening to Linkin Park has totally changed my tastes. As a result i've bought albums by P.O.D, Incubus, Puddle of Mud and Staind to name but a few.
Every song on the album is excellent, and you can just sit and listen to it over and over again. You have loud and manic tunes such as 'Papercut' and 'Points of Authority', then 'Crawling', 'In the End' and 'Pushing me Away', which you can just sit back and savour. The lyrics are great and the music blends a variety of sounds exceptionally well.
I'd recommend this album to anyone and defy them to say anything other than, that it is absolutly brilliant. A must have edition to any CD collection.
on 17 October 2001
If you love nu metal then you will love this album! Hybrid Theory is the only album i have that i love every track from. Chesters singing and Mikes rapping make every track amazing. The songs they have released from the album, like Crawlin and In The End, are a good example of the type of music on the album. My favourites are Runaway, With You, Crawlin, In The End and pretty much all of the 12 songs! BUY IT NOW!!!!!!