on 5 December 2011
I bought this with the intention of using it as a dual purpose backpack - i.e. all year round use! The great news is it's perfect for what it's built for - use on the slopes. There's plenty of thought gone into the bag and how you'll use it whilst skiing, and it feels genuinely indestructible. The not-so-great news is that it suffers for being so single-minded in its execution...there are compartments and pockets which aren't really ideal for anything other than, say, a snow shovel. And whilst the way the bag opens is great when you want quick access to your gear whilst skiing, when you're just looking for a few bits when you're staying overnight in a hotel, you've got to open the entire bag up as the top flap doesn't really give you enough access to the contents.

Still, those are minor niggles. On the whole it's a really nicely made bag that does what it says on the tin and looks low-key without appearing cheap, and that's exactly what I was hoping for.
on 2 June 2011
I have had this bag for two years now and it has certainly served me well. It's big enough to take all my backcountry gear but not so large it feels cumbersome or akward to carry. I used this bag for about 50 days slackcountry snowboarding plus cycling to and from work for the last two years and have never had a complaint until now. I even lent it to a friend of mine who after using it went straight out and bought himself one.

Only problem is the build quality. A couple of months ago the stitching that holds the shoulder strap to the bag started to come loose and now the zip has stopped working so I sometimes get home realising that my bag has been fully open and anything could have fallen out. I've had a lot of use out of it so can't really complain but I do think my old Dakine bag had more longevity and took more wear and tear before it needed replacing.

Although the Patrol is a great bag I am going back to the old faithful Dakine and buying a Heli Pro 2 26L.
on 9 March 2010
I purchased this rucksack after borrowing one from a friend for a weekend trip. Its very well made with solid stitching and seams. It has too many pockets to mentions but the main part is roomy and is easy to access. The front pocket is further divided into smaller sealable pockets for storing various bits of equipment. I have yet to use this for snowboarding but I am sure it will be ideal as it is designed to hold a hydration pack and the water feed, which is insulated, is built into one of the arm straps. At the moment I'm using it for cycling and running and it is extremely comfortable for both. I would highly recommend this product to anyone. Also, another bonus, it fits as hand luggage.